Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bodyweight training

Options
  • 20-10-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Anyone here know some good basic bodyweight exercises. Don't have much room in my apartment for weights or benches. Just need something to keep me strong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 in5pectre

Google bodyweight666

Lots of exercises and progressions.

Also check out bodyweight fitness on Reddit. Lots of great resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Swantiago

Micky8728 wrote: »
    Anyone here know some good basic bodyweight exercises. Don't have much room in my apartment for weights or benches. Just need something to keep me strong

If you want a really good but basic workout, look into the Convict Conditioning book.

It's a great way to develop perfect form and I found it gave a fresh perspective on bodyweight workouts.

For online, I like Unique Bodyweight exercises , Al Kavadlo's blog and BeastSkills

Make sure to invest in a Chin up bar. It's key for Biceps/ Upperback / Grip strenght.

A good basic workout would be Push Ups, Chin Ups, Pull Ups, Sqauts, Leg Raises, Bridges and Handstand Push Ups ( If you can).

Those will hit everything and you can make them more difficult quite easily whenever you Plateau or just add more exercises. You can easily do 3 or 4 Push Up variations in a workout.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Advertisement