Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McAfee stuck at 99%

Options
  • 17-10-2015 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a problem with McAfee when I preform a scan. It gets stuck at 99% and the only way to exit the scan is to go to task manager and end the process a number of times. It is not getting stuck at the same file because I was scanning my computer with an external hard drive connected and it got stuck scanning a file on the external hard drive. Then I decided to scan the computer with the external hard drive not connected and it still got stuck at 99%. The laptop is new and is running Windows 10. I am not sure what version of McAfee I have but expect it to be one of the newer ones.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭bside29

Hi
    I have a problem with McAfee when I preform a scan. It gets stuck at 99% and the only way to exit the scan is to go to task manager and end the process a number of times. It is not getting stuck at the same file because I was scanning my computer with an external hard drive connected and it got stuck scanning a file on the external hard drive. Then I decided to scan the computer with the external hard drive not connected and it still got stuck at 99%. The laptop is new and is running Windows 10. I am not sure what version of McAfee I have but expect it to be one of the newer ones.

Make sure there is no conflicting files, you should only have one security software for that computer. If removing other software wont fix this problem, you should uninstall McAfee compaletely by using the MCPR Tool

• Registered Users Posts: 7 daviddwight

I agree, use MCPR tool to completely uninstall Mcafee, it won't easily get with just simply uninstalling it. :)

Advertisement