Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 6 | Episode 2 | JSS [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

why show her outside and not going in then

? Did you fall asleep at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭WealthyB

why show her outside and not going in then

Just because they didn't show her actually entering Alexandria doesn't mean that she then went off and forged a relationship with the Insane Wolf Posse to work as their "spy", even though it's more likely they'd chain her to a tree alive to be eaten by walkers, and that's the best scenario for poor Enid!

By this logic anyone who's off screen for more than 10 seconds could be forging alliances with the enemy. Did Morgan walk straight back to camp? He might have had time to do a deal with the Wolves as well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I agree with the above post, and I don't see why the writers would bother making a mystery over who the wolves 'spy' is. What's the big deal with it and what kind of info was she meant to be feeding them anyway?

For the whole time she was there was she meant to be going in and out informing them 'Yep- there's people in there. You'll be happy with this part- they all have arms and legs. Perfect for you to hack off'

There's nothing to suggest they even had any Intel. Apart from Aaron's pictures. And chances are they would have stumbled upon the fenced off community with happy children noises coming from inside eventually. There was even road signs pointing to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

She is prob going to the place that her parents we going in the car before they got canned, maybe she was always going there to family and came across the settlement on her travels.

One thing they're playing on more and more is the marginalisation of Deanna - she's nothing more than a puppet head at this stage. Rick's calling the shots, everyone knows it apart from the Alexandrians and even some of them are coming around and realising that they're simply not ready for the world outside (Spencer, Nicholas, the construction site dude that Abraham floored)

There's going to be an interesting point where this is going to come to a head. Personally I can see Michonne and Morgan already pulling away from the group (Morgan we don't know yet where his humanitarian motives come from, but Michonne went through Woodbury, surely she should know better by now!)

We could see a split in the group and I'm guessing with disastrous consequences (Is there any other type in this show?)

Overall, loved this episode apart from the gun scene with Morgan and the Wolf for a whole load of reasons.

Am dying to see Gabriel brandishing 2 guns and shouting lines from the bible as he goes on a walker killing spree - "God has Mercy, I'm all out"

Carol's mask has slipped so there'll be brilliant consequences there - you imagine some Alexandrians will be mighty pissed off at her deception. Jessie is already on her way to becoming a bad-ass and Rick needs some loving :)

Army of Walkers to look forward to next week, this show has gone from strength to strength. Don't think my heartbeat went below 100bpm once during the episode!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Really liked the episode, everybody know what jss was? They were hacking up people to make dismembered walkers like they had before, I suppose they had a plan to use them for their big walker trap. I think they thought the villagers were weak. Aaron is a great actor, he realised it was his fault and did it well.

The use of the oven timer to show how fast such mayhem can happen was good. Really my only problem with the TWD is making characters boring, glen, maggie etc. Glen was so cool in the first season. They also introduced that weiner in a beanie who is pointless and please die.

Really liked the episode, everybody know what jss was? They were hacking up people to make dismembered walkers like they had before, I suppose they had a plan to use them for their big walker trap. I think they thought the villagers were weak. Aaron is a great actor, he realised it was his fault and did it well.

The use of the oven timer to show how fast such mayhem can happen was good. Really my only problem with the TWD is making characters boring, glen, maggie etc. Glen was so cool in the first season. They also introduced that weiner in a beanie who is pointless and please die.

Just Survive Somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭granty1987

I think they might leave the impending tsunami (walker wave) for an episode and focus on Morgans story.. just think its going to be a pretty large scale episode and they'll want some filler for it.

Actually scratch that, someone said here that next weeks episode is 90 minutes long so, the walkers will def be making hay in Alexandria. We are still overdue a Morgan recap

I think either Abraham will get Tara killed or vice versa, one will go get stuck into a load of them, gets in trouble and the other will get clocked trying to rescue them.

Glenn is also on limited time. but maybe that coward lad will save him in the end, doubt it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I am just starting to find a lot of how the people behave is starting to annoy the crap out of me!!

If the wolves have a habit of hacking everyone up, how do they keep numbers up? How does one join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭maryfred

Loved the episode. Only thing that bothered me: If Rick sent back Morgan to Alexandria while the rest tried to get the herd back on the road, I would have thought that at the first available chance he would have told the Alexandrians that there's a possibility of a gazillion walkers about to descend upon them. The part at the end where he and Carol just walked past each other and said nothing just struck me as odd. I do seem to recall something being said about being forced into doing the big move early but I'm having brain freeze about who said it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Morgan said it to Carol earlier in the episode.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I really enjoyed it, who wrote the A in blood on the porch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the puzzler I guess. It was hardly there from years before? Did that girl kid mark the houses for the invading crazies?

granty1987 wrote: »
    Actually scratch that, someone said here that next weeks episode is 90 minutes long so, the walkers will def be making hay in Alexandria. We are still overdue a Morgan recap
    I don't find Morgan that interesting TBH, I hope not.
    They seem to have free reign on episode length this season? Makes a nice change that they can tell the story more or less as they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Yeah, that was the puzzler I guess. It was hardly there from years before? Did that girl kid mark the houses for the invading crazies?

The 'A' was from the hand stamp that Jessie's kid was using back at the party, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Last half of previous season up to now have been great.
    Keep up the good work.
    Nearly at season 1 standards again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Is anything in the discussion between Karl and the girl, where she mentioned there were lots of hiding places in the compound and then said something like "that's how we..." but didn't finish the sentence. Only for the fact the group are so weak I would think they took the compound from the wolves? possibly they took it with the wolves help and then someone got them out.

I think one of the wolves said something like "you don't belong here", but they seems kind of crazy so maybe they are killing all humans in some twisted ideal that the world now belongs to the walkers.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think she said something along the lines of "there are too many blind spots, that's how we..." -talking about when her and Carl snuck out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

MOD:

Thread is for tv discussion only. Please do Not mention comics as there are potentially spoilers

Reminder, use spoiler tags if you are unsure

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

maximoose wrote: »
    The 'A' was from the hand stamp that Jessie's kid was using back at the party, no?
    It looked like it was in fresh blood so that's why I was thinking was it a map or some guide for the wolves, maybe not

• Advertisement

It looked like it was in fresh blood so that's why I was thinking was it a map or some guide for the wolves, maybe not

Sam was sitting on carols porch holding the stamp at the start of the episode.

Loved the whole "smoking is going to kill you" thing, which is pretty much what got her killed :pac:.

Jessie's youngest son had the stamp in his hand when he was sitting on Carol's porch (and Carol gave one of her pep talks)

This was the same stamp that he put on Rick the night of the party, and when Rick walked past the happy Family all showing their "A" Stamp.

Jaysus lads I wonder sometimes do ye be watching the show at all :pac:

I think she said something along the lines of "there are too many blind spots, that's how we..." -talking about when her and Carl snuck out.

Yep, unfortunately I think people are reading all manner into this conversation and thinking it meant something about Enid working with the Wolves.

Bear in mind Enid already has a fella, so maybe Karl isn't too comfortable talking about them sneaking out, maybe he wanted to concentrate instead on protecting his baby sister from the machette wielding maniacs outside, or maybe he's just not good at the whole girlfriend thing having spent puberty stabbing his mother in the head, killing a Woodbury resident at point blank range or fending off a hairy rapist and watching his dad go at said rapist like you would do the plastic film on the top of a microwaveable meal.

WealthyB wrote: »
    Jessie's youngest son had the stamp in his hand when he was sitting on Carol's porch (and Carol gave one of her pep talks)

This was the same stamp that he put on Rick the night of the party, and when Rick walked past the happy Family all showing their "A" Stamp.

Jaysus lads I wonder sometimes do ye be watching the show at all :pac:
    Ah grand... I just don't see the relevance of it then. It means nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

Ah grand... I just don't see the relevance of it then. It means nothing at all.

yes this. Why bother focussing on it then? Also like Enid with the bunch of keys, it just rose suspicion for me. why show it if we're not to take something from it?

snowgal wrote: »
    yes this. Why bother focussing on it then? Also like Enid with the bunch of keys, it just rose suspicion for me. why show it if we're not to take something from it?

Didn't she say something along the lines of 'I'm leaving & I won't need these [keys] anymore''

It was just a four minute backstory of a mysterious girl....that's all. The walking dead is about telling tales of survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The poor tortoise :(

The poor tortoise :(
    I know they're slow n all, but eating a tortoise with your bare hands is pretty f**king badass. Wolves usually give up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

If ye watch the talking dead it explains it

Advertisement