Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show October 16th 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Gold Star to everyone who kept going tonight. The site was close to unusable

If anyone from Boards is reading, could you sort it out please.?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,238 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

RayM wrote: »
    Prize winner seemed a bit indifferent about the whole thing...

Boards better not play up tomorrow night for your show...especially when you're interviewing Les Battersby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

briany wrote: »
    I think this is the kind of discussion that the Late Late is good for. Much better than vapid interviews with Z-list celebs, and talking about an important issue in many parts of Ireland. Seems some posters just want to give their sarcastic commentary regardless.

You are obviously new to this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening Folks,

I've spent the last couple of hours trying to access the thread, what did I miss? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭BrendaN_f

felt like they were competing for applause towards the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭briany

You are obviously new to this thread

Yeah, but sometimes you need an outside voice for perspective... :cool:

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Good Evening Folks,

I've spent the last couple of hours trying to access the thread, what did I miss? :D

hiya, most of the usual with added "Urrgh ... why can't I post / why are my posts coming out twice / what's going on with Boards?" etc etc etc

And no love for Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

Where is pavie point tonight to give their view on this issue? Legal profession are also cleaning up on the free legal aid gravy train.....in Sligo we have a similar problem, to add insult and injury one of our local county councillors is flat out in court every week milking the free legal aid defending these aminals! county is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭Heckler

Thought it was ok. Williams was kept on a leash and the solicitor made some valid points about the leniency of sentences.

The story of a woman driving around her house till the security lights came on was awful. Poor woman.

I never felt unsafe living on my own. Now I'm living back with an elderly parent. She's lived in this house for 40 years and never felt unsafe. When my father died we installed an alarm and I like the security it provides.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

murpho999 wrote: »
    WTF is this?

Burglary is just a sad fact of life in modern society in all countries.

Why is this on TV?
    How often have you been burgled/burgling?
    murpho999 wrote: »
    So now motorways are responsible for increased crime.

Of course these criminals would not travel the old roads if there were no motorways or commit crimes closer to home.

Stupid discussion this with populist appeals to culchies.
    Soft targets, easy access, little or no policing, back in time for pints down the local.
    Reminder to self - Some posts should be ignored
    that solicitor is a complete prat
    Is that a professional opinion?
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm not stirring, I'm genuinely trying to understand this.

But how much is a single guard in a tiny station gonna affect an attack on a farm if he doesn't hear about it till it's happened?

Really?
    Local knowledge, local reporting, quick response. Most people now wouldn't even see a guard from month to month so why would criminals worry about getting caught,
    Who do you suggest people report suspicious activity to, a call centre in India?
    Good Evening Folks,

^^^ very little

• Advertisement

If the technical issues persist for much longer I'll have to ring Joe on Monday.

'Hello Joe, Mrs D here, the internet is broken Joe, it's a disgrace, I'm entitled to access Joe but it's not happening....what'll you do for me?'

If the technical issues persist for much longer I'll have to ring Joe on Monday.

'Hello Joe, Mrs D here, the internet is broken Joe, it's a disgrace, I'm entitled to access Joe but it's not happening....what'll you do for me?'

:D

"And do you enjoy Boards, MrsD?"

"Were you very sad when you couldn't post?"

"Were there tears? Could you cry now? Ah go on"

Skid X wrote: »
    :D

"And do you enjoy Boards, MrsD?"

"Were you very sad when you couldn't post?"

"Were there tears? Could you cry now? Ah go on"
    'Joe, if there is money in the fund, I'll cry for Ireland'....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,596 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

"Hello, Joe? Joe? Yeah, eh, Donie here from Tallaght. Just ringing about what Mrs D said there. Happened to me as well. It's terrible, Joe. What do I want? I want de government to look at this and stop wasting money on refugees and bankers n'all. Like, why shouldn't I be entitled to look at boards n'all? Country's gone to the dogs, Joe. What? A book about kids in1916? No, boards, Joe. Country's in crisis, Joe."

Lads, I reckon someone on Boards bought a new laptop today and they've sent hours talking to some Technical Support lad in India explaining that it's not working and they can't access their favourite website :D

Boards should do an appeal like the charities you see on television

"Look at these posters, crying because Boards is broken. again. All they want to do is post. Is that too much to ask?"

"If you send €5 each month, Boards could upgrade from Windows XP. And these posters would be happy. Look at their smiling faces, as they talk about how much they love to hate their favourite programmes, like The Late Late Show, and Ray Darcy's monstorous talk show.

Please. Send what you can"

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭alcea

Until such time as our so called "Justice System" backs up the Gardaí things at best will not change, or at worst, get worse.

There needs to be more of a Garda presence in rural areas, it does make a difference.

There needs to be changes to the bail laws in Ireland, it is absolutely ridiculous that after all the effort of catching a criminal, that criminal is back out on the street, as far as I can see the "Justice system" just undermines all the work and efforts of the Gardaí.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

wil wrote: »
    How often have you been burgled/burgling?

Soft targets, easy access, little or no policing, back in time for pints down the local.
    Reminder to self - Some posts should be ignored

Is that a professional opinion?

Local knowledge, local reporting, quick response. Most people now wouldn't even see a guard from month to month so why would criminals worry about getting caught,
    Who do you suggest people report suspicious activity to, a call centre in India?

^^^ very little

Actually it is. I know him through work. And he is a complete arrogant individual

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

and can you describe the pain of not being able to post.. go on go on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I forgot to watch the audience and I fell asleep before 11pm....my first cousin and her husband were in the audience.
    All I will say is, it was a long day.

Now for my sins I will have to watch a repeat, for a game of 'Where's Wally'.
    Though none of them are named Wally...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bowlardo wrote: »
    with the motorways they can get pretty much anywhere within 2 hours. Stats back it up.
    There's a psychological factor for the scum too. The feeling that escape is easy. I know a community, close enough to Dublin with a motorway nearby. There are two roads that run parallel to said motorway, one behind the other. The road nearest the motorway has had a spate of robberies over the years going back to the 90's. AFAIK not one house has been spared. Yet the road behind it and only a quarter mile behind it has had very few break ins. The scum seem to feel in their reptile brains that it's just too far away. Apparently housing estates with gateposts are less likely to be targeted than those without. No gates, just the posts. Purely psychological.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

There has been and always will be rural crime

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Switched off during tubridy and joe Duffy. Couldn't take any more. Banging headache this morning and I only had one beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,238 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

On next week's show, Ryan will be talking to a Welsh web user who had to go through the harrowing ordeal of technical difficulties with an Irish chat forum website.

Plus, music from Shane Filan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

On next week's show, Ryan will be talking to a Welsh web user who had to go through the harrowing ordeal of technical difficulties with an Irish chat forum website.

Plus, music from Shane Filan.

He'll be bringing his broken daffodil with him........:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Looks again like if you want to win a Late Late Show competition you have to live in Munster, by my count there have been five Munster winners of Late Late Show competitions since the current series started last month(1 from Kerry, 1 from Cork, 2 from Tipperary and 1 from Clare). How long before they have one winner from every county in Munster ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Hitchens wrote: »
    Joe's buke will be the go to reference on De Risin' for historians of de future :p
    The father of three launched the book in the GPO last night at a star-studded ceremony hosted by Pat Kenny.

Speaking at the event, his close friend Brendan O'Carroll called upon Arts Minister Heather Humphreys to ensure that the book is on "the curriculum for every child in every school".

Irish Independent

I doubt he'll be dishing them out for nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

sligojoek wrote: »
    I doubt he'll be dishing them out for nothing

On the curriculum for every school?

What fcuking planet do these two live on ? One feeding the other off the backs of the taxpayer. It's madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It was a good show overall this week .. making up for the rubbish show planned for next week. Along with crime, there is another plague that's sweeping rural Ireland and that is boyfolk music. That's precisely what is on for the full show next week. 2 hours of horrid boyfolk music by Derek Ryan and others. Why can't RTE promote good music for a change? It is either this muck or else it is some reality TV show with Louis Walsh is all that gets promoted. After a decent last few Late Late Shows, Tubridy has brought it crashing down with his boyfolk tribute next week. I give up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

He'll be bringing his broken daffodil with him........:p:p:p

And in keeping with the love we all have for each other.......

I'll bring the shattered shamrock......:o:(

WM, What's your poison, I'll get the first round in.............................:o;)

Advertisement