Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copy and pasting new lines

Options
  • 15-10-2015 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can I replace certain characters with themselves and a newline ?

I didn;t know JSON cares about new lines and have a txt file 10000s of lines long that needs to be in JSON format ... pain in the ass...

\n doesn;t work it just copies "\n" ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Hi,

I didn;t know JSON cares about new lines and have a txt file 10000s of lines long that needs to be in JSON format ... pain in the ass...

Use Notepad++
    Ctrl+F should open a search box, switch into the "Replace" tab and enter the terms you want to replace (including your \n for the newlines)

It'll probably take a bit of playing around but something like this basically.

365604.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I didn;t know JSON cares about new lines..
    It doesn't :confused:

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Hi,

If it has 10s of thousands of lines, why do you need to add more? JSON certainly doesn't need them!

Advertisement