Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-thinking training routine help

Options
  • 14-10-2015 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hey, just a quick background I train in rugby and mma but due to a recent injury 4 months ago osteitis pubis diagnosed via mri scan.

This has left me thinking am unable to sprint without pain and I have not trained in anything for 4 months which is driving me mad.

For years Ive had a squat rack and weights which I intend to take full advantage of as of now. I have put on a good bit of bodyfat over the few months due to lack of diet in which I am going to change as of now.

The only equipment I will have to use is bar bench and rack. So I am looking for advice on what type of program to follow I was thing stronglifts 5X5 But it not sure if its the correct one.

I am looking to lose bodyfat as much as I can.. with both diet and a solid program to help.

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Bar, bench and rack is perfectly fine, presuming you have adequate weights to match your strength.

Stronglifts 5x5 is a good progran to start with.

With regards to losing bodyfat, I think you should stay at maintenance and keep protein high. Try to build some muscle with the newb gains and you should get a little leaner too. But give yourself at least a few months to notice any major changes physique-wise. Just focus on getting stronger and cleaning up your diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 crazykidd

If you have osteitus pubis is it wise to be working lower body? i speak as i have recently been diagnosed with problem but have been enduring the pain as I finish out the gaa season.
    Any major lifts that incorporate core/lower abdominals prove painful so i tend to avoid them until the problem has cleared up.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

crazykidd wrote: »
    If you have osteitus pubis is it wise to be working lower body? i speak as i have recently been diagnosed with problem but have been enduring the pain as I finish out the gaa season.
    Any major lifts that incorporate core/lower abdominals prove painful so i tend to avoid them until the problem has cleared up.

Ya I thought that myself but when Im doing squat or deadlift I dont have pain. Whereas if I were doing lunge is where the problem or some thing that changes direction quickly is where the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 crazykidd

Letsdoit wrote: »
    Ya I thought that myself but when Im doing squat or deadlift I dont have pain. Whereas if I were doing lunge is where the problem or some thing that changes direction quickly is where the problem is.

Interesting. I havent really tried doing squats or deadlifts in a while. I tried to perform bulgarian split squats a few weeks ago with really weight but would suffer discomfort in the in groin/abdominal area. My advice would be to seek clearance from a good physio as osteitus pubis can be caused by several factors in the hip region be it quads, groins, hip flexors, glutes etc. Working on muscle groups while trying to recover may cause imbalances and lead to future problems.Personally I miss training legs but if there is pain there is no gain.

Are you doing any sort of rehab while you are lifting?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

crazykidd wrote: »
    Interesting. I havent really tried doing squats or deadlifts in a while. I tried to perform bulgarian split squats a few weeks ago with really weight but would suffer discomfort in the in groin/abdominal area. My advice would be to seek clearance from a good physio as osteitus pubis can be caused by several factors in the hip region be it quads, groins, hip flexors, glutes etc. Working on muscle groups while trying to recover may cause imbalances and lead to future problems.Personally I miss training legs but if there is pain there is no gain.

Are you doing any sort of rehab while you are lifting?

Ya going to the club physio once a week doing some strengthen of groin. He said if any pain occurs while lifting to stop. Had the second day of SL and none so far. He is said keep this up until after Xmas and maybe start trying straight line running.

• Advertisement
Advertisement