Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Workout Supplements.

Options
  • 14-10-2015 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on weight management/Weight loss supplements.

I keep relatively fit and my BMI is 27, but I am now hoping to burn any fat that I have around my upper body as I am holding some weight overall, but I am by no means obese.

I have had a browse around Fitness Ireland and Maxinutrition etc, as I want to take some supplements or products that may aid my weight/fat loss over the course of the next few weeks. And as I have never used anything like this before, I don't want to rush into using just anything.

My diet will be a mix of protein, healthy fats and carbs (not sweets, chocolate etc, but starchy carbs) so I guess the questions I need answered are the following, and sure any advice thereafter may be useful too.

* I hope to strip fat, so should I invest in some whey protein?

* My gym programme and cardio exercises are based around burning fat, what may enhance this?

* What products may be suited to me?

* Has anyone in asimilar situation lost weight through any products from maxinutrition/Fitness Ireland?

* Has anyone any knowledge/experience on B4 Fat Burners? (I've read good and bad reviews on this product - Fitness Ireland product)

As I said, all advice will be appreciated, but please don't reply if you are just replying for the sake of it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Hi,

I am looking for some advice on weight management/Weight loss supplements.

I keep relatively fit and my BMI is 27, but I am now hoping to burn any fat that I have around my upper body as I am holding some weight overall, but I am by no means obese.

You can't choose where you lose fat from. Resistance training will help shape whats left once fat levels are reduced though.
    I have had a browse around Fitness Ireland and Maxinutrition etc, as I want to take some supplements or products that may aid my weight/fat loss over the course of the next few weeks. And as I have never used anything like this before, I don't want to rush into using just anything.

Supplements mean so little in comparison to controlling calorie quantity and quality its not even funny.
    My diet will be a mix of protein, healthy fats and carbs (not sweets, chocolate etc, but starchy carbs) so I guess the questions I need answered are the following, and sure any advice thereafter may be useful too.

* I hope to strip fat, so should I invest in some whey protein?

Only if you struggle to get sufficient protein through whole foods.
    * My gym programme and cardio exercises are based around burning fat, what may enhance this?

Calorie quantity and quality! Have some coffee before you train if it helps you focus.
    * What products may be suited to me?

Don't waste your money on fat burners
    * Has anyone in asimilar situation lost weight through any products from maxinutrition/Fitness Ireland?

Dont waste your money on fat burners
    * Has anyone any knowledge/experience on B4 Fat Burners? (I've read good and bad reviews on this product - Fitness Ireland product)

Don't waste your money on fat burners
    As I said, all advice will be appreciated, but please don't reply if you are just replying for the sake of it.

Advice... start by making sure you get some protein with each snack/meal... make sure you are hydrated throughout the day... do your exercise program, do this for two weeks without fail and report results.

Thanks!

No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Step 1 - Eat less food

Everything else is a rounding error.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 BillyBudd33

Thanks for the words of advice, COH.

Advertisement