Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Rules 2015

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Just shows what you can do when you truly have the creme del la creme of talent of both codes electing to play.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

blue shirt kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Very enjoyable game. Some of the kick passing was a joy to behold.

The biggest winners are the defences in the Connacht championship though. Maybe they don't look junior B standard in the presence of AOS as much now. Can do considerable damage to the Aussie pros too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Very enjoyable game. Some of the kick passing was a joy to behold.

The biggest winners are the defences in the Connacht championship though. Maybe they don't look junior B standard in the presence of AOS as much now. Can do considerable damage to the Aussie pros too!

His fielding was outstanding.Great performance from him

Although I don't agree with Martin Carney though when he said he's better out the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭JRant

His fielding was outstanding.Great performance from him

Although I don't agree with Martin Carney though when he said he's better out the field.

Tonight showed that if/when he has quality attackers around him then he's pretty much unmarkable.

He's better in the inside forward line but he can't do it all himself. Himself and BB played very well together tonight.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Consey

Just back from the match, I thought McManus was v good and distributed the ball better than Brogan who was good also. However he could have laid the ball off for goal chances on several occasions.

Very enjoyable despite being as cold as I've ever been in Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Should the clock have been reset when the ref went to the 'TMO' after the Australian goal - it continued for 50 seconds before being stopped just as the verdict came in? Seemed shoddy that no-one noticed.
    Not sure I like the exact 18 minutes thing, doesn't feel right for reasons I can't quite clarify.
    Very good match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Have to say massive respect for Joe Kernan.
    Winning honours with Club, County, Province and Country. Unreal achievement.

Great game, played in the right spirit. None of the negativity that we see in today's Gaelic football games. The Aussies took it too far at times leaving Brogan and McManus unmarked.

Gary Brennan had a brilliant 4th quarter. Connolly and McCaffrey were every bit as strong and fast as their Aussie counterparts.

Was sat behind the Irish bench. Every guy was strong and in great shape.

From a Kerry point of view it was nice to see Donnacha Walsh performing well especially when the chips were down in the 4th Quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Good win but despite the advantage the Aussies are going to get as the game progresses into the final quarter, I think we nearly sleep walked our way to defeat there. Australia looked there for a real hammering at stages but we left them in it. They passed up a lot of what looked like scorable opportunities to try and make them even easier and paid the price.

Joe McQuillan saved us with an awful call late on when we were out of it.

It was tight but don't think this game revitalised the series or anything like it, whole thing seemed a bit subdued. One advantage of this game though is that it brings players of the quality of Gary Brennan to the public's attention. When all the big names were struggling to make an impact late on he came up with some vital catches. Don't think we'd have won without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Nichard Dixon

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Have to say massive respect for Joe Kernan.
    Winning honours with Club, County, Province and Country. Unreal achievement.

Absolutely. And kick passing has been a feature of the teams he has influenced.

AOS was masterful, it isn't as if the Aussies provided a template for dealing with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Dear lord that's the coldest I've ever experienced in Croke Park.
    Anyway always remained an advocate for this and it hasn't changed since last night.
    Not the most exciting game ever but a decent nights football for 25 bucks.
    Was good to see a GAA team playing positive attacking football looking to out score their opponent early. At least in the first half anyway.
    When we were under cosh in the second half the defense did feel how should I put it....blankety.
    Nonetheless the game was closed out fairly well but was concerning to see how easy the Aussie's were allowed to dominate towards the end. If nothing else it got the crowd a bit more excited.
    Aidan O'Sheas fielding was a highlight and adds credence to introducing a mark at least between the 45s.
    Didn't see any TV footage yet. How did the VMR work? Could it be something we can introduce to our game?

As for shinty the hurlers seemed a bit out of sorts not being able to use their hands. Was a poor game but I'd be an advocate of that continuing also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

iDave wrote: »

As for shinty the hurlers seemed a bit out of sorts not being able to use their hands. Was a poor game but I'd be an advocate of that continuing also.

The Shinty has always been sh1te as a sport.The skill can be good to watch but it's 2 teams playing 2 completely different sports at the one time.At least with the International Rules the game is played in roughly the same way by both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yes Gary Brennan made a huge contribution to getting us over the line.He's an outstanding footballer who doesn't necessarily catch the public's eye as much playing for a perceived lesser light Clare.

He's an excellent analyst on Seo Spoirt on TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

is there a return game in Aus next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. That's the word so far.

I thought it was a good night out. Anyone who thinks Croker was cold, think again. It was downright tropical compared to the league games in February. :(

The Aussie fight back made it well worth the money and there was a good atmosphere, despite people harping on about the game "only" drawing 40,000 and a half empty Croker. The Galway v Tipp hurling semi final only drew 55,000 odd, so people need to keep some perspective. Croke Parl will rarely be 100% full. Was surprised at all the negativity about the series before hand. If people don't want to watch it or go to it, fair enough. But I really don't get the venom that some people display towards the game. Some one on another site, called it "an abomination". I really don't get that kind of attitude at all, when representing their county clearly means so much to the players.

It was great seeing McManus, O'Shea & Brogan combining together for so many great scores and I'd pay in to watch them again in a heartbeat. Was surprised by how much I cared, when it looked like Oz were going to claw back a win. Was disappointed by how soft some of the tackling was. But as it looks like everyone emerged from the night injury free (some one sent poor Paddy McB some grapes, :o ) I suppose that is the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Was there higlights on tv ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No. It was on live. The whole game is up on the RTE player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 exiled in the kingdom

is there a return game in Aus next year?

there is talk of it been taken to america

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

there is talk of it been taken to america

oh ya i read that, i was hoping to get an excuse for a trip out to Australia instead :(

Advertisement