Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people's take on vegetarians and vegans

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

There's very few, if any, vegetarians I've met who have a problem with me for eating meat.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian. Has been since about 16 or so I think. She frequently says she loves the smell of burgers/steak etc when I'm eating it. It's not that she doesn't like meat, but that she hates the thought of animal farming/slaughter etc. It's a moral stance, but she definitely doesn't have a problem with me eating meat. She cracks sometimes and has fish, but never chicken/read meat.

She's more than happy to cook meat for me too, so definitely no extremist, just a personal decision.
    On an aside note, I've actually grown to really like the texture/taste of Quorn when in Bolognase and stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I'm fine with Vegans as long as they know what they're doing. Some vegans literally starve themselves and it's disappointing to me. Also, I will never understand not eating eggs. Eggs are naturally made by Chickens and chickens have no problem laying eggs. Milk, on the other hand, is often abused by farmers and the cows aren't in the best conditions in some cases. So, I understand not drinking milk. I could never be a vegan though as I enjoy eggs too much.
    Some people have ethical difficulties with the egg and poultry industry in the way male chicks are usually discarded and killed shortly after hatching.

Advertisement