Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

30 Kwh Leaf showing up on Nissan.ie

Options
  • 10-10-2015 2:08am

http://www.nissan.ie/vehicle/leaf/grades-and-engines

3 K extra, so it would probably cost too much to upgrade, probably 5 K for my leaf + 3 K for 30 Kwh ?

That's about 8 K I'd rather put into the MK II or whatever is around in 2018.

Should be good for 140-180 Kms max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Spotted something I didn't know about... electric parking brake on the SVE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

cros13 wrote:
    Spotted something I didn't know about... electric parking brake on the SVE.

Yeah, noticed that on the specs too.. It's not on my sve anyway.. Have the standard footbrake, which I don't use anyway.

Not on mine either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Didn't the first gen leaf have an electronic brake? I seem to remember reading plenty of complaints about it.
    Edit: Or am I thinking about hand brake versus parking brake?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I wonder does the €3k include the 6kW charger, like France? Or will they be charging Paddy extra for that? I notice the metallic paint has gone up 10% too. I wondering are they still charging the record breaking (and in no way cartel - like) €1k for delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Said it to the dealer , he seemed surprised

BoatMad wrote: »
    Said it to the dealer , he seemed surprised

Surprised about what ? What dealer ?

I wonder does the €3k include the 6kW charger, like France? Or will they be charging Paddy extra for that? I notice the metallic paint has gone up 10% too. I wondering are they still charging the record breaking (and in no way cartel - like) €1k for delivery?

Yes the 6.6 kW charger is included, would be pretty useless with the 3.3 Kw.

Yes the 6.6 kW charger is included, would be pretty useless with the 3.3 Kw.

The 6k6 is still extra at 900 , it's not included as standard

The 6k6 is still extra at 900 , it's not included as standard

No it's typical of an Irish main dealer site, half assed with incorrect information !

If you look again you'll see where the 30 kwh is a 3 K option, they just haven't properly updated the site, they just did a quick half arsed job of it.

The 30 kwh battery is standard with the SV and SVE Leaf, it's not optional and the same for the 6.6 kw charger !

• Advertisement

No it's typical of an Irish main dealer site, half assed with incorrect information !

If you look again you'll see where the 30 kwh is a 3 K option, they just haven't properly updated the site, they just did a quick half arsed job of it.

The 30 kwh battery is standard with the SV and SVE Leaf, it's not optional and the same for the 6.6 kw charger !

Sheesh mad-lad I'm currently talking to the dealer about buying one , where do you get your nonsense

The 30 kWh battery IS AN OPTION on the SV and SVE. It can be ordered with the existing battery if you want

The 6.6 kW charger is also an option and still costs € 900 euro

The cold pack option is €300 euro.

Otherwise my dealer is royally conning me and I've no reason to believe he is.

The web site is exactly correct as far as I can see

I just checked the UK site and you're right, I see the 24 still there.

You don't have to be suck a prick though !

I just checked the UK site and you're right, I see the 24 still there.

You don't have to be suck a prick though !

Only because you keep insisting , even in the face of someone who is buying one is telling you otherwise.

Perhaps it you paused to fact check before you post.

And let's get it right , you were simply wrong and spouting nonsense. I merely pointed that out. If that makes me a prick, I think you're the one with the issues.

We will muddle on ....

The 30 kWh battery IS AN OPTION on the SV and SVE. It can be ordered with the existing battery if you want

The 6.6 kW charger is also an option and still costs € 900 euro

The cold pack option is €300 euro.

Otherwise my dealer is royally conning me and I've no reason to believe he is.

Never ascribe to malevolence what can be explained by simple incompetence! In my experience, if you do your research, you will generally know more about a car than dealership sales staff. 6kW charger definitely comes bundled with the bigger battery in France. Maybe it's different here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Nissan factory only supplies the two as a combined package and the website is just wrong. Hey, maybe it's correct, but it definitely warrants further investigation with other dealers. Bigger battery and faster charger makes a compelling FCP-free package for many longer journeys. €3k makes the combination an option worth considering for many; €4k makes it a tougher call.

Never ascribe to malevolence what can be explained by simple incompetence! In my experience, if you do your research, you will generally know more about a car than dealership sales staff. 6kW charger definitely comes bundled with the bigger battery in France. Maybe it's different here, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Nissan factory only supplies the two as a combined package and the website is just wrong. Hey, maybe it's correct, but it definitely warrants further investigation with other dealers. Bigger battery and faster charger makes a compelling FCP-free package for many longer journeys. €3k makes the combination an option worth considering for many; €4k makes it a tougher call.

Oh for peats sake , you think I have spoken to one dealer only. I'm touring the country

What's happens in frsnce the uk or unpa lumps land is irrelevant to what nissan Ireland decide to do.

It is as I decribed it, as a call to any leaf dealer in Ireland will verify.

Car companies play the bundling game in markets all the time. Different trim levels , different option packages , different accessories , different build configurations , different PCP rated etc etc etc etc ....

I am almost certain I saw the 30 Kwh on the Nissan.ie site SV and SVE only with 30 Kwh and 6.6 kw.

The U.S leaf includes the 6.6 kw with the 30 Kwh and Nissan don't usually change their specs for important components like this.

If it is indeed a 900 Euro's extra then I wouldn't bother paying almost 4K for the 30 kwh and 6.6 kw charger. Without the 6.6 the 30 kwh will 7 hrs for the 24 Kwh and 9 for the 36Kwh imo that's too long. For a complete charge so roughly 6 and 8 hrs because it will not be dead when you start to charge.

If the 6.6 is included with the 30 kwh in the U.K and U.S then I can't see it not being included here because as I said all leafs are sold with the same drive train and chargers wherever it's sold.

Oh for peats sake , you think I have spoken to one dealer only. I'm touring the country

What's happens in frsnce the uk or unpa lumps land is irrelevant to what nissan Ireland decide to do.

It is as I decribed it, as a call to any leaf dealer in Ireland will verify.

Car companies play the bundling game in markets all the time. Different trim levels , different option packages , different accessories , different build configurations , different PCP rated etc etc etc etc ....

No need to be so defensive, I'm trying to help and save you money. My point was that it may have been the case that the larger battery was only available in combination with the 6kW charger whatever the market, and that Nissan Ireland simply didn't get the memo. Anyway I've checked further and while the US as well only sells both together, in the UK they're separate options so chances are it's the same here alright. Big battery only £1600 there, but faster charger an incredible £1200.

The U.K option might not be correct, as I said Nissan don't change important components for different markets, they haven't up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

BoatMad is correct the 30kWh is an option for €3k. 6.6kW charger not included.

I'm copied by contacts in Nissan on a lot of the documentation they send to dealers so that's where the info i've posted in relation to pricing has come from.

• Advertisement

If that's the case then there's no way I would pay for the 30 kwh + 6.6 kwh charger.

Nissan are seriously taking the piss.

There's a reason the 6.6 is included with the 30 Kwh Leaf in the U.S and that's the 3.3 Kw is useless with 30 kwh or 27 usable whatever.

So the 6.6 Kw charger is standard in the U.S and French Leaf with 30 Kwh.

On The USA SV and SVE the 30 Kwh is standard, no 24 Kwh option.

'16LEAF%20Spec-01.png

I suppose when you look back in 2011 the Leaf cost 29,000 Euro's, that's the equivalent of the SVE except it didn't have heated front and rear seats or heated steering.

So when you look at the cost of the 30 kwh inc 6.6 Kwh charger it's actually not that bad.

No need to be so defensive, I'm trying to help and save you money. My point was that it may have been the case that the larger battery was only available in combination with the 6kW charger whatever the market, and that Nissan Ireland simply didn't get the memo. Anyway I've checked further and while the US as well only sells both together, in the UK they're separate options so chances are it's the same here alright. Big battery only £1600 there, but faster charger an incredible £1200.

Making the two together 2800, around € 3800, funny that !

If that's the case then there's no way I would pay for the 30 kwh + 6.6 kwh charger.

Nissan are seriously taking the piss.

There's a reason the 6.6 is included with the 30 Kwh Leaf in the U.S and that's the 3.3 Kw is useless with 30 kwh or 27 usable whatever.

I know , it has made me stop and think

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

30kWh charges up to about 80% in about the same time as the 24kWh, apparently, due to chemistry tweaks and new charging profiles etc so charging times with either option shouldn't be an issue either way you go.

GreyDad wrote: »
    30kWh charges up to about 80% in about the same time as the 24kWh, apparently, due to chemistry tweaks and new charging profiles etc so charging times with either option shouldn't be an issue either way you go.

That's only using the DC rapid chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭GreyDad

I've never seen that distinction made, interesting, are you sure?

That's only using the DC rapid chargers.

Relevant links to support claim , please :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Why do people buy svs with the cold pack? I don't understand if you're doing finance why not go for the SVE? Alloys that actually suit the car, proper stereo, all around cameras, cold pack, metallic and leather. These are key factors for me. No brainer for the difference.

P.S. the Nissan website is poor, is not easily understood which options are included. When you speak to different dealers the price and bonuses change..

I got the top end mats and a hard wearing plastic boot protector thrown in. My buddy who also purchased the sve the same day only got the mid range grey mats. I did ask for the boot protector as I have a big dog, so you only get what you ask for I suppose.

Advertisement