Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Short Story book for kids?

Options
  • 08-10-2015 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 5 year old who is a Christmas nut like me :)

Only a few weeks ago she asked me to play Shakin' Stevens, Merry Christmas Everyone on YouTube and she nearly wet herself with excitement on seeing the Chocolate Santas in Aldi last week :D

She has plenty of Christmas related kids books and she loves 'The Night Before Christmas' and 'The Nutcracker' but I'm wondering if there are any other well known short stories out there that are centred around Christmas?

I don't want to read her A Christmas Carol because at her age that might be too much for her because of the ghosts element.

I also don't want to read her PG Wodehouse 'Jeeves and the Yuletide Spirit', even though it's absolutely hilarious :) She will appreciate these stories more, when she is older.

Is there anything else out there that I'm missing? I'd love if there was a book of kids stories that I could read to her so recommendations are welcome :)

(Not a fan of the Grinch by the way!)

Comments

Advertisement