Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym newbie.

Options
  • 07-10-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭

How's things lads. Went to the gym for the first time ever this evening and was pure clueless as to what to do inside there. I managed to pass an hour and a half all the same lifting various heavy things around the place. I enjoyed it all the same but I need something a bit more structured I think. I have read through loads of old threads on here but still not really sure where to begin. I'm 6ft, 80kg and 26. Main aim is to build a bit more muscle and lose the small bit of belly fat (which I know is down to diet). I'm fairly strong doing day to day tasks and I have fairly muscley shoulders/biceps/triceps already. Any guidance would be much appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Get an hour-long session with a personal trainer in the gym and ask them to go through a newbie strength programme for you. Or, you could try something like:
    http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

You can always look up how to do any given exercise on youtube/elsewhere, if you're more the self researching type.

Advertisement