Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upper body exercises with tennis elbow

Options
  • 06-10-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi all
    Im currently suffering from tennis elbow as a result of poor form doing pull ups.I know il have to rest it for a few months and do lower body/core work.Does anyone know any upper body exercises i can do that wont put pressure on my elbow??I know anything involving a strong grip is out but surely there is something i can do???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

I've had tennis elbow recently enough, it's such a ****e injury! Anyways I found very little problems with most push exercises and for the pull exercises I just really reduced the weight and concentrated on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭daludo

LostArt wrote: »
    I've had tennis elbow recently enough, it's such a ****e injury! Anyways I found very little problems with most push exercises and for the pull exercises I just really reduced the weight and concentrated on form.

Thanks all.LostArt how long did ur tennis elbow last for?im on week 5 now,was going well in gym also,really p***** off with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

daludo wrote: »
    Thanks all.LostArt how long did ur tennis elbow last for?im on week 5 now,was going well in gym also,really p***** off with it.
    sorry to say this dude but have a client that has had it for over a year now - did laser treatment, cortisone, massage etc and though its improved its far from fully healed.

Be very patient, do the rehab, work massively on shoulder mobility and work your legs and abs hard and use the time to work on overall flexibility and conditioning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

daludo wrote: »

ages tbh, probably somewhere between 12 - 16 weeks before it properly cleared up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭daludo

LostArt wrote: »
    ages tbh, probably somewhere between 12 - 16 weeks before it properly cleared up

Are you back to full strength now??i heard its an injury that never fully goes away.can you curl,do chin ups,rows etc???

Advertisement