Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops you miss

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Roches Stores in Cork City.I loved that restaurant,you would get a cake stand of cakes and just eat the ones you wanted and the rest went back.Imagine doing that now with health and safety. They had the nicest trifle cakes in little white tubs and the cream donuts were delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Lumps Bumps n Blues

All the Roches Stores were great in their own right - I don't think there's any shop that quite replaces them.

I'll miss Boyers too, a bit of an 'old lady' shop in a way, but I got lots of household stuff in there over the years, and lots of costume jewellery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Sounds Of Music,Nenagh.
    O'Connors Nenagh Shopping Centre.(still nothing has become of it since)
    Gough,O'Keefe & Naughton,Nenagh.

I should also mention a little convenience store & filling station in my little rural homeland of Ballinaclough,just outside Nenagh,which ceased to exist about 10 years ago.We always used to go into that shop on our way to school and on our way home.

Advertisement