Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Given that World War III is starting...

Options
  • 05-10-2015 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭

...at least according to Reuters today, I was wondering if this article in the Herald is still true.

To save you the bother of reading the articles, Russia's violation of Turkish (i.e. NATO) airspace is "raising the stakes in a high risk situation" (UK MoD Sec), and so we're all fecked.

But the real issue that perplexes me is whether we should pay any attention to the Herald when stocking up on baked beans. Heinz, Batchelors' and Aldi beans offer national pride, nostalgic comfort and brutal economic realities which are jostling for position in my mind.

Has anyone tried all three?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

WW3 is starting 'cos the Herald told you and the plan is to start farting.

That's actually a ****ing great philosophy. The New World Order starts here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Get the lead lined tin foil hats at the ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That's actually a ****ing great philosophy. The New World Order starts here.

More like the new world odor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

You know what... **** America.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

There's not gonna be a WW3 while Obama is in charge. You can tell he doesn't want the fight and must be counting down the last few months, hoping Putin doesn't keep running rings around the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Good. Good.

The world is stagnating, the population to large to support. We need to thin the herd.

I for one, welcome this new world war.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Guess who's not paying his next water bill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Whatever it is, the Herald has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The Russian's are coming

The Russian's are coming

Not really when's Games of Thornes starting back

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The OP sees the start of WW3, and his reaction is to start gassing people.

OP; do you have any German ancestors?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

...at least according to Reuters today, I was wondering if this article in the Herald is still true.

To save you the bother of reading the articles, Russia's violation of Turkish (i.e. NATO) airspace is "raising the stakes in a high risk situation" (UK MoD Sec), and so we're all fecked.

But the real issue that perplexes me is whether we should pay any attention to the Herald when stocking up on baked beans. Heinz, Batchelors' and Aldi beans offer national pride, nostalgic comfort and brutal economic realities which are jostling for position in my mind.

The US murders medical workers and injured people in a hospital in a horrific war crime.

Russia allegedly flies through Turkish airspace.

And the unbiased media goes for the latter as potentially sparking WW3.

The mainstream media is sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Bejubby

The war hadent really finished since 1914!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Russian planes aren't allowed in Turkish airspace? Last time I was in Antalya there were rakes of Russians there. I think a lot of them flew in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Yes ken yes I would

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

So what your saying is the Russians flying into Turkish airspace will mean hike in bean price's.

What about the price of spuds, will they be affected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

There will be anarchy on the streets looking for beans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Carlo Ancelotti

If the next US president is Republican we might get a dust up with Putin. The Russians are flexing their muscles at the moment
    So we prob all die in a nuclear winter

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The Five Wives and I are heading for The Citadel as we speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

If the next US president is Republican we might get a dust up with Putin. The Russians are flexing their muscles at the moment
    So we prob all die in a nuclear winter

How have you time to be reading this thread???

Aren't you involved in deep discussion with Fenway Sports Group about replacing Brendan Rodgers????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Humans have peaked now anyway.

What could we do? Makes phones thinner, planes faster.. boring, who cares.

Even a hoverboard woudn't impress me now.

I think dark age living would do us good.

What's left of us in the apocalyptic world anyway.

Just let me have one more ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Luckily there's more than one media source than herald.ie OP
    I just spoke with our chief of General Staff. We have given necessary instructions to our foreign minister. Diplomatic traffic has begun. Our position is very clear, we’ll warn any country that violates our borders in a friendly way. Russia is our friend and neighbor. There is no tension between Turkey and Russia in this sense. The issue of Syria is not a Turkish-Russian crisis
    - Turkish PM Ahmet Davutoğlu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

[
    kkelly77 wrote: »
    Luckily there's more than one media source than herald.ie OP

- Turkish PM Ahmet Davutoğlu

What does he have to say about baked beans? The Herald hasn't even mentioned the Russia/Turkey incident as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

All hail putin, the greatest leader in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Gatling wrote: »

Not really when's Games of Thornes starting back
    Is there no end to the knock-offs? Or is that a pirate copy?

Next they'll be coming out with "Games of War" III

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The US murders medical workers and injured people in a hospital in a horrific war crime.

Russia allegedly flies through Turkish airspace.

And the unbiased media goes for the latter as potentially sparking WW3.

The mainstream media is sh1t.

Give over. It was a few seconds incursion. At least.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

wil wrote: »
    Is there no end to the knock-offs? Or is that a pirate copy?

Next they'll be coming out with "Games of War" III

Have a copy of umpire strikes back and and return of the ledi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

...keeping an eye on the Russian jets deliberate incursions into Turkish space :cool:

If this should happen again, and if the Turkish airforce should 'engage', things could get very dangerous very quickly, and I say this in the context of Russian boots already being on the ground in Turkey + all the other shenanigans Putin is playing at.

I'm not worried, but let's just see how this pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭Corvo

Better to be annihilated by the Russians than be a kept in an incubation chambers by our new Chinese overlords being used to flavour Soy Sauce.

Yes, bring on the nukes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

LordSutch wrote: »
    ...keeping an eye on the Russian jets deliberate incursions into Turkish space :cool:

If this should happen again, and if the Turkish airforce should 'engage', things could get very dangerous very quickly, and I say this in the context of Russian boots already being on the ground in Turkey + all the other shenanigans Putin is playing at.

I'm not worried, but let's just see how this pans out.

You can definitely see how the situation could go pear shaped very quickly. More so than at any point in the last 25 years.

Advertisement