Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some cyclist giving cyclists bad name

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

RainyDay wrote: »
    Just curious - when you hear of motorists killing or maiming others on the road, do those motorists give ALL motorists a bad name?
    They still hear more about what's going on that motorists with their windows up, even with no radio/music playing in the car.

Or than drivers in hijabs, one of whom nearly got me the other day - she couldn't hear my bell with her ears shut in, and from inside a car, and backing, and backing around a corner, even though I was ringing my bell like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Or than drivers in hijabs, one of whom nearly got me the other day - she couldn't hear my bell with her ears shut in, and from inside a car, and backing, and backing around a corner, even though I was ringing my bell like mad.

Ever think the being shut in a car (and potentially having a radio on) had more bearing on this than the hijab? Seriously, I don't actually know what point you are trying to make in referencing this fact given that my hearing is minimally impaired on the bike when wearing a windproof cap, which I imagine is more sound insulating than any hijab - should anything which covers the ears be banned on bikes too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

That's those crazy Protestants for you.

Well, crazy though Protestands, and Catholics, and Hindus, and Sikhs, and Buddhists, might be, they don't fasten their ears under scarves so they can't hear. Well, maybe the Sikhs, and the 1950s Catholics.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I don't think the hijab significantly reduces hearing.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    I don't think the hijab reduces hearing.

Well, if not, she was just a terrible, terrible driver and not typical of people wearing hijabs. I was inclined to blame the hijab, which looked as if it would stop her from hearing properly.

Advertisement