Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TCD students cheer islamist Asghar Bukhari and his defence of the Charlie Hebdo k

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

walshyn93 wrote: »
    Did anyone actually shout "shame"?

Yes, but to a remark that was not in his speech. The remark was to a women who wanted to make a point of order and was refused and he said something about needing a chaperone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

mdudy wrote: »
    Yes, but to a remark that was not in his speech. The remark was to a women who wanted to make a point of order and was refused and he said something about needing a chaperone.

What did he say? And if you can't remember exactly, do you remember what was wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

mdudy wrote: »

He said she needs a chaperone? As in saying what the Islamist thinks of her?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭walshyn93

LDN_Irish wrote: »
    He said she needs a chaperone? As in saying what the Islamist thinks of her?

Ah I think I can hazard a guess as to what he was getting at. May have been a tasteless comment to direct it at a female contributor, but not far wrong. Shaming people for saying things that are unfortunately true is common enough in these type of events although I can't say I've ever seen it in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

walshyn93 wrote: »
    Ah I think I can hazard a guess as to what he was getting at. May have been a tasteless comment to direct it at a female contributor, but not far wrong. Shaming people for saying things that are unfortunately true is common enough in these type of events although I can't say I've ever seen it in ireland.

Sure that fella is well known for insults default position for him if his opinion is questioned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭DeadHand

Leftists and Islamists make illogical though passionate bedfellows. They have hatreds in common: Islamists loathe Leftists and Leftists loathe themselves. Both despise the Right, national identity and Nationalism itself: forces Islamism will need to weaken to achieve its aims.

Ironically, in the Europe Islamism aims to impose upon us it is the traditional wards of the Left (women, sexual minorities) who will suffer first and most.

Advertisement