Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting at the desk is killing me

Options
  • 01-10-2015 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

I work a job were I'm stuck on a computer all day. Recently my lower back particularly on my right hand side is having bad pains. Some times its difficult to move.

Has anyone else had this before? Are there any exercises to help this? What can you do when sitting at a desk? I usually sit straight up with my two feet on the floor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Get your company to do an ergonomic assessment.

They might give you a better chair or footrest to take the strain of your back.

Google "desk exercises" and you'll get loads of info there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Stretch hips, stretch glutes.

Strengthen glutes.

Start lifting weights with a competent trainer who can show you what to be doing.

....and most importantly - actually do it.

(so many people miss that last step)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

Hanley wrote: »
    Stretch hips, stretch glutes.

Strengthen glutes.

Start lifting weights with a competent trainer who can show you what to be doing.

....and most importantly - actually do it.

(so many people miss that last step)

I am currently on week 3 of a 12-14 week strengthening program. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Get up and move around as often as possible, even if it's just to get a glass of water or head to bathroom.

Signup for Pilates classes. You might struggle at first but the benefits are worth it.

Advertisement