Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing belly fat/love handles

Options
  • 30-09-2015 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi

Recently after a year of dieting and running I have lost quite a bit of weight.

However, I still have belly fat and love handles(or whatever you call them).

I am 6 ft 4 inches and weigh about 90kg.

Everywhere I read online, it says that doing crunches and other abdominal exercises won't get rid of fat because you cannot target one single area. All that is true, fat falls of your body in different places and not from one place.

So my question is what is the best way to get rid of love handles without losing any more weight. I would like to remain 90kg as it is already below my ideal weight but get a slim body without love handles (fat on the sides). Could anyone that has solved this for themselves please give me a heads up.

Any help is appreciated greatly!

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Cardio and compound lifts, topped with a clean, high protein calorie deficit diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I'd swear by this method, you can mix it up if you want, sometimes I just pick 7 other weeks do the 12

The routine involves the following twelve exercises performed for 30 seconds each with 10-second rest/transition periods before the next move:

Jumping jacks
    Wall sit
    Push-up
    Abdominal crunch
    Step-up onto chair
    Squat
    Triceps dip on chair
    Plank
    High knees/running in place
    Lunge
    Push-up and rotation
    Side plank

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Your bmi at those stats is borderline overweight (24.1) - you are by no means at your ideal weight. That said, body composition is more important right now than total weight for you. You'd want to gain more muscle and lose body fat. You could stay the same weight but have no belly at all. I'm actually very near your stats, 6'5" and 89kg, but I've barely a scrap of fat on me.

Do less running, do a lot of weight lifting. That way you can lose fat, gain muscle, and stay roughly the same weight.

Total calories also isn't the only thing that matters. If you're carb heavy and low protein it doesn't really matter what you do, you're going to end up flabby even if not overweight per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 juicydublin

I'd swear by this method, you can mix it up if you want, sometimes I just pick 7 other weeks do the 12

The routine involves the following twelve exercises performed for 30 seconds each with 10-second rest/transition periods before the next move:

Jumping jacks
    Wall sit
    Push-up
    Abdominal crunch
    Step-up onto chair
    Squat
    Triceps dip on chair
    Plank
    Lunge
    Push-up and rotation
    Side plank

Do you do this every day? sounds hard core but I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 designgirl

Jumping jacks
    Wall sit
    Push-up
    Abdominal crunch
    Step-up onto chair
    Squat
    Triceps dip on chair
    Plank
    Lunge
    Push-up and rotation
    Side plank