Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym Program

Options
  • 30-09-2015 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone, any advice greatly appreciated.

I've been meaning to start weight training for a long time now. I play a couple of sports and am very pro-active but I feel my over-all strength is extremely poor, especially upper-body. I have never weight trained before and am keen to put in 3 good months now before xmas and the same afterwards.

Currently I weigh 85kg. I am a 31 year old male 5'10. I am not interested in bulking up. Essentially I would like to drop some body fat, improve my overall strength and stay relatively lean.

I fully understand diet is a massive part of my daily plan and I will scour all relevant stickies on nutrition etc. What I would love is if anyone could point me in the direction of a suitable program or has any advice/tips for me. Once I get sorted I plan on doing a log as well, document my progress

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

No expert myself but stronglifts 5x5 seems a good program for a beginner to start with .

Trying to get back into it myself at the minute.

Advertisement