Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Did The Wheels Come Off Obama's Foreign Policy?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Overheal wrote: »
    "Death Panels" #checkmate
    Not so fast... Is that you're way of saying neither existed? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,865 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Amerika wrote: »
    Not so fast... Is that you're way of saying neither existed? :)

I don't have enough information about Contra for that. I started watching Kill The Messenger on HBO but the pace tapered off and my attention span completely died. But am saying that if you want to say Death Squads weren't real (probably because on paper they may have never been called that, or they just never lived up to that moniker for whatever reason) you also have to acquiesce that "Death Panels" are in turn not a thing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

None I saw indicated they were done or sanctioned by the US.

Atlacatl Battalion - that's the shower I had in mind.
    "The Atlacatl Battalion, a former Salvadoran Army unit, was a rapid-response, counter-insurgency battalion created in 1980 at the U.S. Army's School of the Americas, then located in Panama. It was implicated in some of the most infamous incidents of the Salvadoran Civil War. "

You might look-up the topic of CIA death squads too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

What in the world are you going on about?

I see you have even less of a clue about anything than I originally thought.

I think he might be referring to the "Contras" that Reagan backed.

No, America's training and funding of El Salvador's right-wing death squads before during and long after the Mozote massacre.

• Advertisement

I know there were US trained counterinsurgency battalions. But please show me from some reputable source where they trained the units to become “death-squads.”

I see what makes you tick now. Rename something and that airbrushes it out of existence.

And you actually, like the "enhanced interrogation techniques" brigade, think you can fool people with that little game.

Advertisement