Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New craft beer in aldi

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The O'Sheas range is still the market leader in budget beer, IMO.
    For stout and red, yes, but the fresh hops of the Grafters and Crafty Brewing IPAs are amazing, especially at their price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Yes, I agree with this. It had a weird, almost strawberry, taste through the middle, which I'm guessing wasn't intended. I was a bit surprised and expected more from a Williams Bros beer.

I also had the brown bear IPA which I thought was poor.

The O'Sheas range is still the market leader in budget beer, IMO.

Strawberry is a good descriptor actually, I couldn't put a name to it. It might have been ok if there was a large bitter hit following it up, but as it is, I'm not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

BeerNut wrote: »
    For stout and red, yes, but the fresh hops of the Grafters and Crafty Brewing IPAs are amazing, especially at their price point.

Agreed.
    The perfect storm was uninspiring but drinkable, and the O'Sheas IPA was closer to lager.
    But the crafty meeting IPA was top drawer. Full, bright tasting.

Tara ale was as dull as dishwater but was reasonable for the price.

Advertisement