Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verve gym swords

Options
  • 24-09-2015 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

So my membership is up for ben dunne in northwood, its a great gym and i love the fact its huge, with a massive locker room and never wait for a shower, but recently the gym has been very busy also I live in Malahide and work in the airport so was thinking of relocating closer to home.

Anyone here a member there, whats the equipment like? is it busy? what are the locker rooms/showers like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So my membership is up for ben dunne in northwood, its a great gym and i love the fact its huge, with a massive locker room and never wait for a shower, but recently the gym has been very busy also I live in Malahide and work in the airport so was thinking of relocating closer to home.

Anyone here a member there, whats the equipment like? is it busy? what are the locker rooms/showers like?

Never been there but would recommend flyefit myself in airside. Big gym loads of lockers/showers and open 24 hours. Cheap as chips and not stuck in a one year contract. You would literally pass it going to/from work.

Can be busy in the evenings but then any decent gym will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

Never been there but would recommend flyefit myself in airside. Big gym loads of lockers/showers and open 24 hours. Cheap as chips and not stuck in a one year contract. You would literally pass it going to/from work.

Can be busy in the evenings but then any decent gym will be.

Cheers i was a member of flye fit a couple of years back, just found parking and going in and out of those turnstiles a pain in the ass (trivial i know)

But i also found the benches a bit high off the ground (im 5' 8") couldnt get my feet solidly on the ground to stabilise myself whilst doing chest.

Its just flye fit paid monthly is 360/year
    Ben Dunne is 165 a year(3 person deal)
    Verve is 250/year(with student card)

I usually would be going at 4.15pm so hopefully would miss most evening gym traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Cheers i was a member of flye fit a couple of years back, just found parking and going in and out of those turnstiles a pain in the ass (trivial i know)

But i also found the benches a bit high off the ground (im 5' 8") couldnt get my feet solidly on the ground to stabilise myself whilst doing chest.

Its just flye fit paid monthly is 360/year
    Ben Dunne is 165 a year(3 person deal)
    Verve is 250/year(with student card)

I usually would be going at 4.15pm so hopefully would miss most evening gym traffic.

Use the underground carpark always loads of space there. As I said never been Verve so can't comment on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Was a member in Verve and its a great gym. Parking is easy. Never too crowded. Trainers that were there when I was there were very good.
    Haven't been in it in a few years, but certainly worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"Verve Gym Swords" sound like some very exciting workout/martial arts equipment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Zillah wrote: »
    "Verve Gym Swords" sound like some very exciting workout/martial arts equipment.

I keep thinking that when I read the title

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

I was reading that for a good while thinking what is martial artsy about "verve"...............then i saw "swords" haha :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 makeitbetter1

I'm looking to join Verve gym in Swords, could anybody give me some reviews please

Advertisement