Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Nations tickets 2016!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

trevezel wrote: »
    i was allowed to buy 2 tickets for Wales and 2 for Scotland with a single membership !
    there's no limit from the system
    cash taken from my bank account

It seems that the take up wasn't as high as they initially expected. There are still Italy and Scotland tickets available according to the latest newsletter, so they probably dropped the 2 tickets per membership thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

wales is sold out
    only singles for scotland
    tickets available for italy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If I join the munster supporters club now, are there any 6 nations tickets left up for grabs?

Membership for the 2015/16 season closed some time ago. Any international tickets available have surely been allocated by now or are awaiting allocation. Even if membership was open it would be very unfair to the current members if you could come in this late stage and grab any spare tickets. Certainly I think it would be unfair if you were let.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Cheers lads, I'll leave it for this year. Does the MSRC get a certain allocation? ie. is there a better chance of getting a few under it than the Ireland supporters club?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Cheers lads, I'll leave it for this year. Does the MSRC get a certain allocation? ie. is there a better chance of getting a few under it than the Ireland supporters club?

The IRSC would have more tickets but higher demand

MRSC only got about 400 tickets but there seems to be very little demand

between two members of both we got enough for our group of family/friends

• Advertisement

Certainly I think it would be unfair if you were let.

I'd rather someone came and bought them than they were returned

they have been on sale for weeks after all

unfair ?
    what are you talking about, Losty Dublin ?
    if he s allowed to get a membership, whats wrong with that ?
    sale for MRSC membership started 3 weeks ago and there are still tickets...

Can a member of the MRSC let me know if any Wales tickets pop up? Cheers

WALES IS SOLD OUT

WALES IS SOLD OUT
    Is it a case of 'when they're gone they're gone', or are some extra tickets added as they are returned by clubs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

unfair ?
    what are you talking about, Losty Dublin ?
    if he s allowed to get a membership, whats wrong with that ?
    sale for MRSC membership started 3 weeks ago and there are still tickets...

It's fairly clear what I'm saying. If you could join up days before the 6N and expect to have the same entitlement to tickets then in my eyes it's unfair to those who have been members since early in the season, who probably go to Munster games and who should get priority.

In any case it's immaterial as applications to join the MRSC have closed and current members are being offered their chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Are websites like viagogo reliable for ordering 6 nations tickets? Trying to source 2 Italy tickets as a present to the other half but I'm worried it might not be entirely safe. I joined the IRFU supporters club too late to purcahse from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

ari gold24 wrote: »
    Are websites like viagogo reliable for ordering 6 nations tickets? Trying to source 2 Italy tickets as a present to the other half but I'm worried it might not be entirely safe. I joined the IRFU supporters club too late to purcahse from them...

I've ordered soccer tickets from them a few times before, very reliable but exorbitant. And if it's Italy tickets you're after it may be worth hanging on to see if there's any returns stuck up on ticketmaster by the end of January

• Registered Users Posts: 37,855 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If we beat Wales and England than tickets for the Scotland/italy games will be very hard to find but if we lose any of these games tickets will be easy to pick up I think

The Scotland game could (big could) be a grand slam/championship or triple crown winning game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,922 ✭✭✭OldRio

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If we beat Wales and England than tickets for the Scotland/italy games will be very hard to find but if we lose any of these games tickets will be easy to pick up I think

The Scotland game could (big could) be a grand slam/championship or triple crown winning game.

I think you will find all the tickets for all of the matches sold out before a ball has been played.

As funrunner95 said in a earlier post. You might get some returns for sale on ticketmaster. Just keep checking the site.

OldRio wrote: »
    I think you will find all the tickets for all of the matches sold out before a ball has been played.

As funrunner95 said in a earlier post. You might get some returns for sale on ticketmaster. Just keep checking the site.

I think he means people might offload tickets to Italy or Scotland if we lose the first game or two!

Riskymove wrote: »
    I think he means people might offload tickets to Italy or Scotland if we lose the first game or two!

*Penny drops*
    It seems that tickets must be still getting into the hands of the wrong sort. Never understand that sort of 'fan'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭cson

What are the chances of picking up a Wales ticket close to the game? I've had mates pick up tickets on the day before from hanging around Slatterys etc on the day for the Guinness Series, wondering if it's similar for the 6N?

• Administrators Posts: 53,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

OldRio wrote: »
    *Penny drops*
    It seems that tickets must be still getting into the tickets of the wrong sort. Never understand that sort of 'fan'

Italy and Scotland are the last two games. People with a lot of travelling to do to get to Dublin might not be arsed if these games are glorified friendlies by the time they come around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot'

I'm looking for two tickets to Ire v Wales game, i lost out getting them from IRFU supporters club. If anybody knows where i could source or willing to sell, i'm willing to pay over the odds (but not crazy crazy over the odds).
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,399 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

cson wrote: »
    What are the chances of picking up a Wales ticket close to the game? I've had mates pick up tickets on the day before from hanging around Slatterys etc on the day for the Guinness Series, wondering if it's similar for the 6N?

There are always people selling tickets (and touts so be careful) hanging around Landsdowne Road at the junction with the Clyde Court hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dermot'

Thanks - am hoping to buy before from a genuine seller, someone with spare tickets or cant go. Wont chance my arm the day of the game.
    But thanks for your feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 28 KeleGal

They went on presale to the supporters club before Christmas..all Ireland v Wales and Ireland v Scotland tickets completely sold out that morning. Hope that helps

awec wrote: »
    Italy and Scotland are the last two games. People with a lot of travelling to do to get to Dublin might not be arsed if these games are glorified friendlies by the time they come around.

Yup. That's the type I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭hermano

Anyone know when the MRSC send out the tickets? Only 3 weeks to the Wales game. You'd imagine they would be sent soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

hermano wrote: »
    Anyone know when the MRSC send out the tickets? Only 3 weeks to the Wales game. You'd imagine they would be sent soon.

Send them an email. http://www.mrsc.ie/contact/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

hermano wrote: »

You should get them any day now, I would expect. The Ireland supporters club sent out the tickets for the first two matches - got mine Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Does anyone have any idea the best way to find out if tickets for the Italy game become available and when that might be? Is it just a case of keeping on checking ticketmaster.ie?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Does anyone have any idea the best way to find out if tickets for the Italy game become available and when that might be? Is it just a case of keeping on checking ticketmaster.ie?

Cheers

Been and gone I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Designated surfer

Been and gone I'm afraid

Ah bollocks... Cheers for the heads up though!

Advertisement