Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunkirk (Christopher Nolan, 2017)

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

evil_seed wrote: »
    This was my fave movie of 2017. I think it's a good bet for the Oscar. Between that and Get Out

best film? much as i loved dunkirk, neither it nor get out will get close to the Oscar. if nolan didn't win the bafta then he's not getting the oscar. 3BOEM or SOW for the win, even though i thought 3B was good but definitely not a best film runner.

if you are that confident though 40/1 is a hell of a price, i'd not mind being proved wrong here at all, but can't see it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

mossym wrote: »
    best film? much as i loved dunkirk, neither it nor get out will get close to the Oscar. if nolan didn't win the bafta then he's not getting the oscar. 3BOEM or SOW for the win, even though i thought 3B was good but definitely not a best film runner.

if you are that confident though 40/1 is a hell of a price, i'd not mind being proved wrong here at all, but can't see it happening

I was underwhelmed by both 3BOEM and SOW. Dunkirk might favourite film of the year. That or Get Out as mentioned a more worthy winners than 3BOEM and SOW. But this is the Oscars. It's not really about who or what is deserving.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Finally got round to watching this tonight

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

lawred2 wrote: »

Meh

Yeah. I know what you mean. It's not a bad movie but it's no where near a great movie. Maybe it's cause you'd expect more from Christopher Nolan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I liked it a lot. But I think its uneven, doesn't really flow between scenes for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

lawred2 wrote: »

Meh

I must try watching it again at home, but I think it'll suffer from the lack of the big screen...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

beauf wrote: »
    I liked it a lot. But I think its uneven, doesn't really flow between scenes for me.

While I really liked it, I thought the time ****ery was unneccesary and didn't help matters a whole lot. I mean some scenes benefitted from it but most didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EarthRocker

Markcheese wrote: »
    I must try watching it again at home, but I think it'll suffer from the lack of the big screen...

It looks/sounds incredible in 4k - I always love how Nolan retains the IMAX aspect ratio for optical home releases, I really wish more film makers would do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It's certainly one for the cinema, the spitfire scenes were very immersive , you probably wouldn't get that on TV.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I can't tell you how disappointed I was with this movie and the score. There is hardly a Nolan film or a Zimmer score I don't like but on both counts the worst I have ever seen from both of them. Never believe the hype is the moral of the story. I get that the visuals were good in the cinema especially but if their is no substance behind the visuals what's the point.

• Advertisement
Advertisement