Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ABS workout machine to use at home

Options
  • 21-09-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am thinking to buy wonder core abs workout machine. Anyone has good/bad feedback about this one?

Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭siochain

Is this what your thinking about for €120?

http://www.thanedirect.ie/wondercorer-smart-560?gclid=CKW3q9fkiMgCFaic2wodQBgJCg

If yes I personally wouldn't and would by a second hand TRX kit or a few kettle bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,738 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

kpn wrote: »

Total waste of time if you think you'll transform into one of the models on screen. If you read the small print on the screen it always says to be used with proper diet and nutrition. Nutrition is about 70% and excersise 30. If you go by the ads you're led to believe that doing these handy workouts for X minutes a day will give you great abs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Utterly pointless. All you need for your ab workout is the floor and lots of discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Zillah wrote: »
    Utterly pointless. All you need for your ab workout is the floor and lots of discipline.
    All you need for your ab visibility is the floor, a good diet, and lots of discipline

:)

Don't waist (see what I did there!) your cash on that shyte OP. More crunches, less crunchies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Op didn't say anything about visibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Zillah wrote: »
    Op didn't say anything about visibility!

I kinda presumed that if they wanted something off an ad....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

OP - Can I ask why you are interesting in buying this machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

From the ad it seems to me that it will be easy to different types of workouts that all are focus an abs. I do agree, that ads are mostly over hyped...

Thanks for all your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

What is your goal of focusing on Abs?

Really you can do dozens of Abs exercises with just yourself and body weight. Maybe a foam matt to make things a little more comfortable.But almost every kind of exercise engages the abs.

Please keep in mind you can have unbelievably strong abs that are covered in a layer of fat. Focusing on Abs exercises alone will not remove this fat and you will not have abs viability.

Another thing to note is focusing on abs and not on any back extension exercises can cause muscles imbalances. Strong abs and weak lower back can lead to poor posture and back issues.

Abs viability comes from having a low body fat% . This should be be your focus if this is your eventual goal, and just add in ab exercises as a part of a full routine with that includes for example diet, weights, cardio (HIIT).

I don't know anyone who actually has visible abs who uses these machines. They are a waste of money IMO and aimed at people who want to do something but don't know where to start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement