Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Game Credit

Options
  • 21-09-2015 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

http://hmvgamecredit.com/IE

Think this is a good deal for anyone with left over credit

Say you're topping up each month to get a particular deal,

You could buy game credit with your top up

Interesting one this, im bill pay otherwise id be all over it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

http://hmvgamecredit.com/IE

Think this is a good deal for anyone with left over credit

Say you're topping up each month to get a particular deal,

You could buy game credit with your top up

Interesting one this, im bill pay otherwise id be all over it

Actually used it at the weekend to buy €50 of xbox money (2x25)
    Cost me 60 of my credit, that'd otherwise go to waste.

Now I can spend €12.99 to buy Fifa 16 as it's 62.99 on EA Access :D

Used it back in May too, highly recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

How is this a good deal it costs 3quid to use. Maybe good for the owners of the site...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

How is this a good deal it costs 3quid to use. Maybe good for the owners of the site...

Its a good deal when you never use your credit and it just rolls over to the next month. I have €100 quid of credit just sitting there which normally gets spent on crappy mobile games or apps.

Does this get you a HMV voucher or PSN credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

padair wrote: »
    Its a good deal when you never use your credit and it just rolls over to the next month. I have €100 quid of credit just sitting there which normally gets spent on crappy mobile games or apps.

Does this get you a HMV voucher or PSN credit?

Basically what padair said, its good if you have credit going to waste.

You get a PSN code

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Ah I get it now.. So if you have to buy credit each month to maintain a deal and it's expiring..my bad op. Makes sense so

• Advertisement

Ah I get it now.. So if you have to buy credit each month to maintain a deal and it's expiring..my bad op. Makes sense so

Yeah, you will lose 3 euros but its better than forgetting to top up and losing all of your credit when your monthly deal expires :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Very interested in this. Have been bill pay for many years now. I'm out of contract and have been looking for a reason to go pay as you go.

What network can you use your credit to do things like this? I'm currently with 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can confirm it works on three. No problems at all. Great weekend service, only reason I use hmv/extra vision

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    Very interested in this. Have been bill pay for many years now. I'm out of contract and have been looking for a reason to go pay as you go.

What network can you use your credit to do things like this? I'm currently with 3

The dropdown option for networks on the game credit website says: O2, Three, Vodafone, Other. So I assume it works with all networks.

Just sign up for one of the prepaid offers such as free calls when you top up by €20 per month etc. they allow you to keep your credit and you still get your free calls etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Was disappointed to see they dont give HMV credit but still a pretty nice deal. I spend 20 a month with 3 for the data so plenty of credit left over.

• Advertisement

Was disappointed to see they dont give HMV credit but still a pretty nice deal. I spend 20 a month with 3 for the data so plenty of credit left over.

No but I can see you can pre-order a game with a €5 SMS. Better than nothing I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

So how's it work? You text the code, it deducts the credit and texts you back a voucher number?

I have a tonne of unused credit on an old work phone that I could convert and probably never need to spend actual cash on games again if that's the case!!

So how's it work? You text the code, it deducts the credit and texts you back a voucher number?

I have a tonne of unused credit on an old work phone that I could convert and probably never need to spend actual cash on games again if that's the case!!

That's correct. Enjoy!

Pretty much you lucky b***** :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daveyboy1977

Just so that I follow.
    If I buy the hmvgamecredit, can I buy a game on the playstation store, and they deliver it to me or do you get the game onto your ps3 box?
    Could I buy 3 X €20 vouchers and spend them on one game?
    Sorry about the questions, just trying to follow it, as I have never brought playstation network cards before.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's for digital purchases on the PSN store, you buy a voucher and add it to your account balance - so yes 3x €20 you'd have €60 account balance to spend on whatever you wish

Just on that note, im coming off bill pay soon,

What PAYG deals are going where your top up isnt fully used?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

is there a way to buy a ps4 or xbox1 on PSN/Xbl stores?

Scruff wrote: »
    is there a way to buy a ps4 or xbox1 on PSN/Xbl stores?

Doubt it mate, itd be a nice one allright!

How about selling your PSN credit on say adverts.ie for cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just on that note, im coming off bill pay soon,

What PAYG deals are going where your top up isnt fully used?

Most people I know using this are on the €20 All you can eat data offer from 3.

Don't make many calls/send regular sms and my credit is relatively untouched - data covers everything. So I get €10 a month credit through this

• Advertisement

Just so that I follow.
    If I buy the hmvgamecredit, can I buy a game on the playstation store, and they deliver it to me or do you get the game onto your ps3 box?
    Could I buy 3 X €20 vouchers and spend them on one game?
    Sorry about the questions, just trying to follow it, as I have never brought playstation network cards before.
    Thanks

You could put 100s onto your account and buy whatever you want from the store be it games, dlc or PS+ (don't know if you can get Xbox gold this way, you probably can) so you could preorder games for 70 euro if you want. The codes will just add 20 to the existing amount on your account.

It is all digital though. You download the game and play it, no disks.

maximoose wrote: »
    Most people I know using this are on the €20 All you can eat data offer from 3.

Don't make many calls/send regular sms and my credit is relatively untouched - data covers everything. So I get €10 a month credit through this

Nice one, might make the switch myself so, so its top up by €20 which gives you your data, and your credit untouched?

Nice one, might make the switch myself so, so its top up by €20 which gives you your data, and your credit untouched?

You get data, texts and specific calls each month and keep your 20 euro.

The calls are weekend or to other three customers so might have to pay for weekday calls or something but theoretically you could have all 20 at the end of the month.

You get data, texts and specific calls each month and keep your 20 euro.

The calls are weekend or to other three customers so might have to pay for weekday calls or something but theoretically you could have all 20 at the end of the month.

20*12 (ish) to spend on games a year? Im in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

No Nintendo eShop credit? Father! Why have your forsaken me????

Give it six mother and you will be able to spend all of your credit on Nintendo phone games

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

Banjo wrote: »
    No Nintendo eShop credit? Father! Why have your forsaken me????

Hmv and Nintendo don't get on, due to hmv going bust and not paying their bills as I understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Hmv and Nintendo don't get on, due to hmv going bust and not paying their bills as I understand it.

I presume this isn't affiliated with HMV though, right?

--

Does anyone know what their limits are? It says in the t's and c's that they reserve the right to prevent what looks like fraudulent activity (obviously enough) but doesn't indicate how much this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Sounds a non brainer, if you have a load of credit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Chonaic17

Anyone who used this have an issue with the Xbox codes where they didn't work because they said you were in the wrong region?

Advertisement