Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Long term ex smoker cravings

Registered Users Posts: 3 Sphynx24

Iv been off cigarettes for a year now but still get intense cravings when I see someone smoking or smell smoke or if I'm stressed out. I haven't been using any nicotine products or any e cigarettes or anything as I think it's a slippery slope and could make it worse. How do long term ex smokers deal with cravings without nicotine?

Comments

• Same here, I am happy with my ecig though did you try getting one?

• like that during stressed periods I get intense cravings too I just keep thinking Of one will do no harm but I think back to all the ones that I used to have and those led to boxes. Everytime I gave up was harder and harder so I jus keep saying I don't smoke I don't need them... I try to consider that I'm still addicted to nicotine so it helps me to think this way when I crave. Cold turkey was my only way and I'm a year and a half now Off them the longest time since I started as a foolish 13 year old.. Best of luck hopefully you'll find your way of dealing with your cravings...

Advertisement