Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOOBS keep getting bigger - help

Options
  • 19-09-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I really need help I'm not gaining weight, I'm not pregnant and my boobs keep on getting bigger, I'm in my twenties and I can notice they are also beginning to lose their firmness (in other words they are going to sag). I have tried getting bras that will keep them held up really firm. I have no idea what to do or why this is happening it's not health related.

Did this happen anyone else into their twenties? What did you do?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I had a decent size increase in my late 20s - just get properly fitting bras! It does just happen for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Big boobs aren't all they're cracked up to be :mad::mad:

From personal experience the best thing to do is get a properly fitting bra. Go to Arnotts or somewhere similar and get fitted. Unfortunately you will have to fork out, smaller boobed women can get away with little scraps of bras but we can't.

Do you do any training or fitness? A good upper body workout will firm the pectoral muscles around the breasts, give them some support and a bit of firmness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Emme wrote: »
    Big boobs aren't all they're cracked up to be :mad::mad:

From personal experience the best thing to do is get a properly fitting bra. Go to Arnotts or somewhere similar and get fitted. Unfortunately you will have to fork out, smaller boobed women can get away with little scraps of bras but we can't.

Do you do any training or fitness? A good upper body workout will firm the pectoral muscles around the breasts, give them some support and a bit of firmness.

I jog everyday for around 30 or 40 mins and then do cardio gym workouts maybe 2/3 times a week. the jogging might not be helping even though I use well fitted good sports bras I'm physically fit and strong but still finding this problem :( I seem to have to only be after getting a fitting every time I need a new one :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

This happened to me in my early twenties too, I went from a B to a C to a D cup in the space of about a year. Thankfully they stopped there but I guess from this thread it's not that unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭folamh

222233 wrote: »
    I'm not gaining weight [...] and my boobs keep on getting bigger

Are you sure it isn't simple weight gain, and it's all going on your boobs? People distribute fat in different ways.

• Advertisement

folamh wrote: »
    Are you sure it isn't simple weight gain, and it's all going on your boobs? People distribute fat in different ways.

Positive if anything on the scales I am down weight!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Have you changed birth control pills recently or anything?

Also, if you're exercising a lot, it might be that you're toning up around your ribs and abdomen, which will make your boobs look larger by comparison. Volumetricly they may be the same as before, but if your fat around your ribs is decreasing, it'll make your boobs look bigger. Has your band size changed much?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Mine seem to fluctuate a lot at times. Like Faith said have you changed pills or anything lately? Hormones are responsible for loads the feckers!

SillyBeans wrote: »
    Mine seem to fluctuate a lot at times. Like Faith said have you changed pills or anything lately? Hormones are responsible for loads the feckers!

No I have been on the same pill for the last 7 years :D

I have gone up a cup size in the last while - I have seen a hand firmer advertised online I think I may need this!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I went from a DD to a GG in my mid 20s, I just invest in bras. Normally buy two Freya bras every 6 months. I might have to start getting Playtex bras soon though and they can be €70!

• Advertisement
Advertisement