Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the new breaking bad

Options
  • 18-09-2015 7:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've tried true detective (loved it!) , orange is a new black (bleeuurgh) and the americans (got bored).

I need you to tell me WHAT IS THE NEW breaking bad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Narcos is a good watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Rectify

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭moby2101

Bloodline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Better Call Saul

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Narcos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Just finished Narcos myself, thoroughly enjoyed every episode. Can't wait for the next series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Rick and Morty

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SlinkyDog

I really enjoyed marco polo but I like history programs! Try longmire trailer looks interesting haven't seen it yet myself though are you looking for shows similar to breaking bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Game of thrones is the biggest watercooler show since BB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

just re-watch breaking bad

there is no new breaking bad, breaking bad is breaking bad,

breaking bad itself didnt get highly popular till around the end of season 3, start of season 4, and then ended on season 5,

but for recommendation purposes Mr Robot has had 1 season and it was great, definitely one of the best new shows the last year or two,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Better Call Saul

Surely this is the obvious one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Narco's. You can thank everyone here that suggested it in the morning as you will watch it through the night.
    Also you will be able to thank them in Spanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Severard

The Strain on FX is well worth a watch, also as others have mentioned Narcos is pretty good as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

Downloading Narcos (legally). What made Breaking Bad so good was the family mix so hopefully there is that in Narcos.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

If ye haven't watched The Wire then its worth a watch. So too is The Killing (Forbrydelsen) .... the original Danish one not the crappy remade American one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mother Brain

You could check out Mr. Robot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭kidneyfan

I've heard that Mr Robot is good has it the elelemnt?
    I love the wire Ratsam but can't see herself being into it. That is what was so amazing about Breaking Bad everyone loved it (personally the Sopranos was better and alot of my friends think the wire was better but we all love BB).

Does American House of Cards have the family element?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mother Brain

Yeah it's pretty 'dark' too. Really well acted and shot as well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

kidneyfan wrote: »

Does American House of Cards have the family element?
    I certainly wouldn't describe it this. Also it's really not that good.
    Bloodline might be worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

Gomorrah. It's similar to the Wire as it shows the mafia and godmother works from street level to the king pin.

Its like Breaking Bad too as the main character is someone you want to root for but he is a unrepentant killer at the same time. And it gets very tense the further you get in to the series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Also you will be able to thank them in Spanish.

Funny that. I find myself picking up bits of Spanish watching narcos. They seem to speak quite slowly compared to Spaniards which makes it easier to work out what they're saying. I don't know if that is a Colombian characteristic or done deliberately by the makers to make it easier on the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭CliCliW

In terms of what people I know are talking about, it sounds to me like House of Cards is, if by 'the new Breaking Bad" you mean the new popular show that everyone is talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

kidneyfan wrote: »
    Downloading Narcos (legally). What made Breaking Bad so good was the family mix so hopefully there is that in Narcos.

I don't know how long Narcos can run as a series. It follows Pablo Escobar's career, which, at the end of series 1, doesn't have a long way to run.

In TV programmes based in fiction, good writers can bring the story wherever they want if the numbers are good and the show gets extended.
    Narcos has a natural end of life.

Great series 'though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Justified.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Funny that. I find myself picking up bits of Spanish watching narcos. They seem to speak quite slowly compared to Spaniards which makes it easier to work out what they're saying. I don't know if that is a Colombian characteristic or done deliberately by the makers to make it easier on the ear.
    Colombians are widely considered to speak the 'best' Spanish, with very little slang and clear enunciation. I usually find them much easier to understand than other Spanish speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

No one has said Ray Donovan yet. Very very well worth a watch. It's no breaking bad but no show ever will be. Also a second vote for Narcos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Narcos. I have 3 episodes left to watch. Can't wait to put the kids down tonight to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Justified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

The wire is brilliant (bit dated now)
    Ray Donovan very underrated worth a watch.
    First few episodes of Saul a bit "meh" but stick with it, gets very good.

Thought House of cards was very overrated, first series good but went downhill after that. Struggling to finish it.

Must take a look at Narcos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

Narcos was very good, watching Marco Polo and Peaky Blinders recently, both entertaining so far

Advertisement