Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pot Noodles ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I remember one of the ads from them freaked me out. It was real life, but the people were cartoons. This kid gets his tongue stuck on a metal pole because it's really cold and his mum goes inside. Then she makes herself a pot noodle and starts stuffing her face while the kid's outside in the cold looking like a numpty. At the end it just goes, "It's all about me, me, me."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Never had one, and never will. They're for poor students, stoners, and idiots who wouldn't even know how turn on the cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Bombay Bad Boy would be the nicest ones.
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Never had one, and never will. They're for poor students, stoners, and idiots who wouldn't even know how turn on the cooker.

Oh look at you up there livin all fancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Gwynplaine wrote: »

Funny you may say that, I worked as a cook for 3 years in the past, I know how to cook great meals, but the lazy snack pot noodle comes in handy now and again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Always liked the pot noodles as a teen, but not really into them anymore. Beef & Tomato was always the best one. My favourite potted dried noodle snack however, was the hawaiian flavoured Knorr Quick Lunch. My god the day they stopped making that flavour was a bad one. Every so often I take a quick look to see if it's back, but no...

These days though, I like the Koka curry flavoured ones - nice and cheap but are deadly as a cure after a night on the batter. The wife hates all forms of noodles and mocks me upon every turn so I usually just sneakily have them when she's not around. However, I do feel slightly embarrassed at the till for buying any processed noodle, tbh. It's not a great dietry supplement for a man in his mid 30's. I feel like a bum when buying them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement