Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACE (American Council on Exercise) Online courses?

Options
  • 16-09-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

I'm just wondering has anyone done either of the two basic certification courses offered by ACE? The two are Group Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer?

It all is totally online, it seems generally very comprehensive with a lot of manuals and videos and with over 100,000 likes on their Facebook page they seem very well know.

The exam is meant to be quite difficult to pass due to the volume of information that has to be learned. The assessment is done by computer in an invigilated centre, Pitman in Galway seems to be the nearest to me.

I would have a lot of experience in the area and I'm just looking to get a basic qualification to get myself started. Travelling and the cost of the Irish courses is too much money for me.

I have contacted Reps Ireland to see if they have ACE as an approved provider with them but I haven't heard back from them.

Does anyone know how Reps/CPD/Insurance works if you're ACE qualified?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Call Balens Insurance in the UK (or check their website) and ask.

They're most popular provider of PT cover here.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Hanley wrote: »
    Call Balens Insurance in the UK (or check their website) and ask.

They're most popular provider of PT cover here.

I did check with Balens and they don't cover any distance learning/online courses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I did check with Balens and they don't cover any distance learning/online courses.

They're usually the easiest to get insured with so you may be outta look.

There's another company called Holistic something or other in the UK that are worth checking with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Did an onine PT course couple of years back (ISSA), got insured with Balens no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

thehamo wrote: »
    Did an onine PT course couple of years back (ISSA), got insured with Balens no problems.

Had you already qualifed in gym (practically) before you did the online PT?

How would you rate the ISSA course?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Nope, no former qulaifications.

ISSA was grand. You wont learn anything new. I basically did it for certification and insurance purposes. You will learn what ever you put into it

Advertisement