Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutritionist / Personal Trainer

Options
  • 15-09-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi All, I am wondering if someone could help me. I am 6'2, 15 stone 9lbs, male, 37" waist working in an office. I am looking to get down to 14 stone, 33-34" waist.
    I was member of gym and sought a personal trainer a few years ago, but tbh, the weights programme he gave me proceeded to make me bigger on chest and not lose weight. I was a member of a bootcamp class which I enjoyed and saw some results but then progress stagnated. Unfortunately last last year I was suffering badly from depression and lost the zest to get myself into shape, was preoccupied with sorting my head out, which thankfully I have.

Dietwise I appear to be ok, perhaps under eating enough calories, but what I am looking for is someone to help direct me with a diet and training plan that will help me get back into shape.

I am based southside Dublin, work in city centre. Is there anyone my fellow boards peeps would recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Sorry cannot recommend anyone but here are my 2 cents.

Are you sure your diet is ok or you just think so?
    If you want to lose weight it mostly will be down to diet. Do you know what is your caloric intake and expenditure a day? If not get one of those apps in your phone and start counting.

As an example: When I started working out I was also thinking that my diet was ok and I was under eating but I was seeing no progress on the scales. So once I did started counting I was surprised to see that I was actually overeating on average 300 calories a day.
    So I've set myself a goal to to eat no more than 2000 calories and spend at least 2500 calories a day through cardio and weight training. This is when I started seeing results as I was dropping 1kg a week.

Advertisement