Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Rugby - World Cup 2015 (FSA)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. Played tactical in ESPN holding on my transfers. Didn't pay out yesterday. Was close to get G. Davies for Parra or Faletau for Picamoles. Regret the former (though Parra was very close to get an assist), happy enough about the latter. Mas was an initial mistake I'm living with now. He was also not far getting a try.
    Today my AB trio did great. Though Gorgodze MOM is bad news for me. Haven't seen the game but sounds ridiculous to award the MOM to a guy losing 43-10 :rolleyes:...

In Rugger my 3 transfers were Slimani, Faletau & Nakarawa. Hgreat anyway :Drd to predict the scores there without knowing the stats but Slimani getting a try was great anyway :D. Did not take pts hits this time since they didn't work last Round.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Playing all 3 games has really meant a lack of actually thinking properly about what I'm doing :pac:

I know I've got both Gorgodze and Savea in all 3 teams but after that I lose track quickly.

Progressively sliding down all the rankings after my great first week. I proceeded to change my entire frontrow in ESPN thing morning shows just how much interest I actually have in it :pac:

My Rugger transfers were Murray, Roberts and Simmons (Aussies lock) I think.

At least I'm enjoying the actual rugby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Anyone else playing Irish times have Foley as kicker. I had but only got 20 round points??? That is less than points scored and no points for appearance. Leaving aside the fact MasterCard gave Launchbury Man of the Match ffs.

I stopped playing the IT ones when I realised I had forgotten their *stupid* forwards policy. But 20 pts for Foley doesn't sound too far off: 10 pts for 2 tries, 3 for 3 conversions, 4 for 4 penalties and 3 for full appearance: 20 pts alright.

But I do agree with you about MOM choices. Beyond ridiculous. Gorgodze yesterday. Launchburry tonight. It's a farce :rolleyes:...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Launchbury is a strange one no doubt, Foley would have been worthy for the two tries but I thought Hooper was superb, one very nasty clear out On Brown and played like his life depended on it.
    I've no problem with the Georgia lad though, they were the team that performed above themselves, no NZ player played so well that they deserved a MOTM, it was obvious beforehand that the 20 best players on the pitch would be wearing black.

• Advertisement

Launchbury is a strange one no doubt, Foley would have been worthy for the two tries but I thought Hooper was superb, one very nasty clear out On Brown and played like his life depended on it.
    I've no problem with the Georgia lad though, they were the team that performed above themselves, no NZ player played so well that they deserved a MOTM, it was obvious beforehand that the 20 best players on the pitch would be wearing black.
    Hooper should have gotten a YC. Besides that yeah himself and Pocock were superb. Slowed down and stole England possession so many times!

Savea with 3 tries could have been a legitimate candidate couldn't he? Gorgodze, like his team, were brave and offered an exemplary resistance but they eventually lost 43-10!!! I mean it's like if you give Wijnaldum the MOM in the City-Newcastle game yesterday :rolleyes: :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I completely forgot about all of these :(

Gorgodze eats MOTM awards for breakfast, it was worth it to see his reaction :pac:

If it wasn't him it would probably been Savea with his 3 tries and I had both so not too bothered. The MOTM system I think allows for fans to vote for 3 options so it's probably a bit like Arsenal winning internet polls.

I'm back inside 1k in the IT at around 900th. I still have a transfer left that I might use on an Irish or Argentinian player

Sitting at about 6.4k in ESPN with 5 transfers remaining in total but have SOB, Murray, Sexton and Creevy to play today so I'd better save the rest.

Rugger. Well who knows :pac:

Gorgodze eats MOTM awards for breakfast, it was worth it to see his reaction :pac:

If it wasn't him it would probably been Savea with his 3 tries and I had both so not too bothered. The MOTM system I think allows for fans to vote for 3 options so it's probably a bit like Arsenal winning internet polls.

I'm back inside 1k in the IT at around 900th. I still have a transfer left that I might use on an Irish or Argentinian player

Sitting at about 6.4k in ESPN with 5 transfers remaining in total but have SOB, Murray, Sexton and Creevy to play today so I'd better save the rest.

Rugger. Well who knows :pac:

In ESPN, only had Savea so MOTM mattered to me :p :pac:!

Got 50 pts today. Almost perfect transfers done. Lavanini to be my (hopefully) long-term second row got me 6 pts (nice little assist you beauty argentine ;)), Sanchez ran the show (my best transfer so far) and dare I say I'm a tad disappointed by Imhoff. Debated him & Cordero up to last min. Lost 3 pts there but delighted Imhoff got a try anyway. Then Earls whom I was so close to get for his previous game (what a diff it'd made to my overall) paid great dividends & POC managed to get 4 pts with the 10Tackles bonus. Only SOB disappointed with 2 pts.

Still have 4 transfers and 1 kicker change (but not sure I'll use it since Argentina play the last day and have a very good fixture).

For Rugger, I don't think I'm gonna have a good round. My Irish trio was disastrous (Sexton made some costly handling errors, did not get as many kicks as I expected ; Murray made many mistakes too and gave away penalties ; POM got a YC). May got subbed out early. Had no Argies. Only Giteau, AAC & Slimani did good. Faletau (C) :confused: Hopefully he made tons of tackles :p...

iroced wrote: »
    For Rugger, I don't think I'm gonna have a good round. My Irish trio was disastrous (Sexton made some costly handling errors, did not get as many kicks as I expected ; Murray made many mistakes too and gave away penalties ; POM got a YC). May got subbed out early. Had no Argies. Only Giteau, AAC & Slimani did good. Faletau (C) :confused: Hopefully he made tons of tackles :p...

:eek: Holy jaysuuus !!! POM: 3.30, Murray: 2.00, Sexton: 4.30. What a bunch of useless feckers (even my Georgian sub flyhalf got better!). Now I hope we demolish you next week-end :pac:.

Fortunately I was right on Faletau tackling and rucking so he went to the rescue nicely ;).

9th in the boards league with 422.90 pts. I take it and run considering my poor enough round. Now to hopefully make a final group phase push before we go into real knockout rugby :p!

• Advertisement

(even my Georgian sub flyhalf got better!). !
    Malaghuradze got a try tonight. What an unsung hero for my team! Hopefully Sanchez either doesn't play at all or have another blinder!

Good day in ESPN though was debating between getting Kriel or De Allende or go Mvovo and keep a transfer. Looks like I again ended up with the "worst" choice (Kriel).
    In our league, top2 are still doing great. Don't know how many transfers they have left but they're hard to catch :p.

Ha ha, now I know what it is to be a casual, meant to transfer Habana in yesterday but got delayed at work and it slipped my mind:(:P

That would never happen in FPL, I wouldn't even care if I had a job to go back to:(

I forgot to make any transfers yesterday until about halfway through the first half of the South Africa - USA game I was actually watching :pac:

Thankfully I've had Habana in both non rugger games since the start but went for Vermeulen over Louw last week in IT which seems to have been a fatal, fatal error.

I'm a 100 points off first in the boards league for ESPN so unless I use my 5 transfers to aplomb it's probably the IT I'll have the best chance of achieving anything.

I actually think if ESPN brought in Rugger's pricing it'd blow both IT and Rugger out of the water. It really would have been a great idea seeing as they slicked up the site and broke away from the same template as IT. The scoring is still simple and straightforward so you know what you're going to get.

I actually think if ESPN brought in Rugger's pricing it'd blow both IT and Rugger out of the water. It really would have been a great idea seeing as they slicked up the site and broke away from the same template as IT. The scoring is still simple and straightforward so you know what you're going to get.
    Not sure it'll work great. The front rows and locks would have to be completely undervalued since they have almost nothing to shine for in their scoring system (yeah they added the 10T bonus point but still it's very little).

What would be much better in my opinion is Rugger adopting the deadline policy of ESPN (and maybe extending a bit the amount of possible transfers). Such that we know the team line-ups before making our GW transfers and can adapt our strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Did the fantasy rugger and IT games but with work and whatnot found it impossible to stay on top of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tresb26

Can you make transfers during the game week? Or do you have to have them all made before first game of game week? Irish times league

Good day in ESPN though was debating between getting Kriel or De Allende or go Mvovo and keep a transfer. Looks like I again ended up with the "worst" choice (Kriel).
    This transfer will haunt me now. Should have taken Mvovo on & kept SBW. I knew he was going to feature and could well get some returns. Got a brain fart when I actually made my transfer and 't was too late when I realised it. 6 pts stupidly wasted :mad: :rolleyes:...

Fortunately my Savea -> NMS worked a treat today. Debated A Smith for Parra but preferred keeping my last 2 transfers for English players. Will see how wrong or right I was tonight...

The guy on top of the FSA ESPN league has 100 points on me, didn't realise I was doing so bad.

Will Farrell or Ford kick for England today??

Will Farrell or Ford kick for England today??
    That is indeed the question.

Asked the same question on the rugby forum and didn't get a satisfying enough answer (=> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97283929&postcount=475). So decided to avoid them and go for the backs.

Naholo in for Savea rather than NMS has sunk my battleship I'd imagine

• Advertisement

Naholo in for Savea rather than NMS has sunk my battleship I'd imagine
    Yeah... Now to find the English back who's gonna have a try fest ;).

Just checked the Argentina team to play tomorrow.. Oh noooooooooooooooooo :(.....
    None of my 3 Argentine plays (just Imhoff on the bench). My whole Sanchez masterplan fell apart. Disaster for Rugger. Catastrophy for ESPN.

Argentina really looking ahead of their Quarters. Is it the best thing to give a 15 days rest to (some of) their starting team? Ah well c'est la vie anyway.

So, ended up taking a punt on Farrell & Nowell. Hopefully they are the right ones since previous Uruguay games showed that one of the centres and of the wingers was having a stormer while the other one was just returning OK. Hopefully Farrell kicks too but I think it'd be more "logical" to give it to the 10, the one who organises play.

Was not expecting this mega spanner in my Fantasy Rugby works... Raging & utterly disappointing. My Argentines were my differentials :p:(...

Just checked the Argentina team to play tomorrow.. Oh noooooooooooooooooo :(.....
    None of my 3 Argentine plays (just Imhoff on the bench). My whole Sanchez masterplan fell apart. Disaster for Rugger. Catastrophy for ESPN.

Argentina really looking ahead of their Quarters. Is it the best thing to give a 15 days rest to (some of) their starting team? Ah well c'est la vie anyway.

So, ended up taking a punt on Farrell & Nowell. Hopefully they are the right ones since previous Uruguay games showed that one of the centres and of the wingers was having a stormer while the other one was just returning OK. Hopefully Farrell kicks too but I think it'd be more "logical" to give it to the 10, the one who organises play.

Was not expecting this mega spanner in my Fantasy Rugby works... Raging & utterly disappointing. My Argentines were my differentials :p:(...

I went for Ford and Watson,
    Meself and Mr P are absolutely miles behind you, and you've a bit of work to do to catch the leader of the FSA league, strange that we're the only ones discussing it:o

This ESPN game is by far the best I've seen for rugby, pity I didn't give it a bit more thought when wasting most of my transfers early on.

I went for Ford and Watson,
    Meself and Mr P are absolutely miles behind you, and you've a bit of work to do to catch the leader of the FSA league, strange that we're the only ones discussing it:o

This ESPN game is by far the best I've seen for rugby, pity I didn't give it a bit more thought when wasting most of my transfers early on.
    Yeah was counting on my Argentine trio to make up the gap to the leader. Won't happen now. Hopefully my English duo has a stormer.

Yeah, strange this thread is not more popular, especially that it'is a Boards FSA league :confused:...

ESPN game is great. Much much much better than IT (where the forwards selection is a farce) but I do really like Rugger. I think it needs a few adjustements, particularly regarding transfer deadlines but I really like the scoring system. It's more complicated (though if you look at it in details, there are not that many things to consider: tackling, line-out, ruck & defenders beaten are the main ones) and demands a bit more of rugby following but I think it has great potential.

Looks like I again got the wrong ones (Watson & Slade doing much better than Nowell & Farrell ... the amount of 50/50 calls I got wrong in this game is depressing really frown.png).

-- edit --
    Nowell try :rolleyes: :pac:...
    Now hopefully reverse psychology for the last 25 min :p!

-- edit 2 --
    Ah sh*te :mad: !!! Farrell off. Punt failed :(.

Should have gotten Easter :pac:!

-- edit 3 --
    Should have gone with Watson & Nowell which was my original plan but Sanchez left out of the Argentina squad (bloody Argentina coach :mad: :pac:) pushed me towards Farrell.
    At least Nowell put on a stormer :D!

So. Rugger not yet updated. It's a pity there's no live scoring but in the meantime I understand they probabbly don't have the resource for that.

In ESPN, I reduced the gap from the leader to 29 31 pts (Bloody hell! Lost 1 pt overnight while he got an extra one :mad: :pac:). Ah, at some point, I was not far from 100 pts behind, so must look at the bright side ;).

If only my Argentina trio had played I believe I could be top :p...

- edit -
    Ah just read that Imhoff got a disallowed try. Hindsight sh*te :mad: :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Dropped to 100th in the world after a high of 8th in ESPN, inevitable after using the majority of the transfers in the first half of the group stage. Hopefully can hang onto first place in the FSA league and stay in the top 100 overall!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

One match ban for sob

I must make my transfers for all the games in the morning.

No idea what players I'll go for yet!

• Advertisement

South Africa: 15 Willie le Roux, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Fourie du Preez (c), 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Schalk Burger, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.

Replacements:16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Trevor Nyakane, 18 Jannie du Plessis, 19 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 20 Willem Alberts, 21 Ruan Pienaar, 22 Pat Lambie, 23 Jan Serfontein.

Wales: 15 Gareth Anscombe, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Tyler Morgan, 12 Jamie Roberts, 11 George North, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Gareth Davies, 8 Taulupe Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Alun Wyn Jones, 4 Luke Charteris, 3 Samson Lee, 2 Scott Baldwin, 1 Gethin Jenkins.

Replacements: 16 Ken Owens, 17 Paul James, 18 Tom Francis, 19 Bradley Davies 20 Justin Tipuric, 21 Lloyd Williams, 22 Rhys Priestland, 23 James Hook

France: 15 Scott Spedding, 14 Noa Nakaitaci, 13 Alexandre Dumoulin, 12 Wesley Fofana, 11 Brice Dulin, 10 Frédéric Michalak, 9 Morgan Parra, 8 Louis Picamoles, 7 Bernard le Roux, 6 Thierry Dusautoir (c), 5 Yoann Maestri, 4 Pascal Papé, 3 Rabah Slimani, 2 Guilhem Guirado, 1 Eddy Ben Arous

Replacements: 16 Dimitri Szarzewski, 17 Vincent Debaty, 18 Nicolas Mas, 19 Damien Chouly, 20 Yannick Nyanga, 21 Rory Kockott, 22 Rémi Talès, 23 Mathieu Bastareaud

New Zealand: 15 Ben Smith, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Daniel Carter, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Sam Whitelock, 4 Brodie Retallick, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Dane Coles, 1 Wyatt Crockett.

Replacements: 16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Joe Moody, 18 Charlie Faumuina, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Sam Cane, 21 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 22 Beauden Barrett, 23 Sonny Bill Williams.

Ireland (revised): 15 Rob Kearney, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Keith Earls, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Dave Kearney, 10 Ian Madigan, 9 Conor Murray, 8 Jamie Heaslip, 7 Chris Henry, 6 Jordi Murphy, 5 Iain Henderson, 4 Devin Toner, 3 Mike Ross, 2 Rory Best, 1 Cian Healy

Replacements: 16 Richardt Strauss, 17 Jack McGrath, 18 Nathan White, 19 Donnacha Ryan, 20 Rhys Ruddock, 21 Eoin Reddan, 22 Paddy Jackson, 23 Luke Fitzgerald

Argentina: 15 Joaquin Tuculet, 14 Santiago Cordero, 13 Matías Moroni, 12 Juan Martín Hernández, 11 Juan Imhoff, 10 Nicolás Sánchez, 9 Martín Landajo, 8 Leonardo Senatore, 7 Juan Martín Fernández Lobbe, 6 Pablo Matera, 5 Tomás Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti, 3 Ramiro Herrera, 2 Agustín Creevy (c), 1 Marcos Ayerza

Replacements: 16 Julián Montoya, 17 Lucas Noguera, 18 Juan Pablo Orlandi, 19 Matías Alemanno, 20 Facundo Isa, 21 Tomás Cubelli, 22 Jerónimo De La Fuente, 23 Lucas González Amorosino

Australia: 15 Kurtley Beale, 14 Adam Ashley-Cooper, 13 Tevita Kuridrani, 12 Matt Giteau, 11 Drew Mitchell, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Will Genia, 8 Ben McCalman, 7 Michael Hooper, 6 Scott Fardy, 5 Rob Simmons, 4 Kane Douglas, 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Stephen Moore (c) 1 Scott Sio

Replacements: 16 Tatafu Polota-Nau, 17 James Slipper, 18 Greg Holmes, 19 Dean Mumm, 20 Sean McMahon, 21 Nick Phipps, 22 Matt Toomua, 23 Quade Cooper

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Sean Maitland, 13 Mark Bennett, 12 Peter Horne, 11 Tommy Seymour, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Greig Laidlaw (c), 8 Dave Denton, 7 John Hardie, 6 Blair Cowan, 5 Richie Gray, 4 Tim Swinson, 3 WP Nel, 2 Fraser Brown, 1 Alasdair Dickinson.

Replacements: 16 Kevin Bryce, 17 Gordon Reid, 18 Jon Welsh, 19 Alasdair Strokosch, 20 Josh Strauss, 21 Henry Pyrgos, 22 Richie Vernon, 23 Sean Lamont.

Advertisement