Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear The Walking Dead | Season 1 | Episode 3 | The Dog [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

What time does this start?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Some thoughts after that episode

Why is nick still wearing the old man clothes?
    Why did they wait so fecking long to explain to Alicia what was going on? Yeah let's just wait until she almost gets bitten before we mention anything :confused:
    There is still power so would they not put the TV on to see to see wtf is happening to the world?
    Travis didn't have a problem with the neighbour that was trying to eat him being killed but the one that nearly got his step daughter is off limits?
    Leaving the patio door wide open when leaving the premises after cautioning to stay away from the windows makes no sense
    Putting the bins out? Really?

I don't think I'll be watching next week tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The salazar a real man

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The husband is annoying. Such a coward too, already hoping he dies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Some thoughts after that episode

Why is nick still wearing the old man clothes?
    Why did they wait so fecking long to explain to Alicia what was going on? Yeah let's just wait until she almost gets bitten before we mention anything :confused:
    There is still power so would they not put the TV on to see to see wtf is happening to the world?
    Travis didn't have a problem with the neighbour that was trying to eat him being killed but the one that nearly got his step daughter is off limits?
    Leaving the patio door wide open when leaving the premises after cautioning to stay away from the windows makes no sense
    Putting the bins out? Really?

I don't think I'll be watching next week tbh.

Nitpicking of the highest order imo. I thought it was excellent

• Advertisement

What I love is that they don't go for shallow jump scares like other shows would. They know we already know where this is going, so the hard part is already done, so they can spend time developing the atmosphere and impending doom. They build so much tension.. Especially loved the whole thing with the dog and his alerting them there's a zombie outside and not quiet quiet bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I can't find this anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

What I love about all of this is we know everything there is to know about how the zombies behave.

But the people in the show are experiencing this for the first time and don't know how to react. The zombies are people they know and rather than running the hell away they walk straight into the path of their own demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

It's good so far but it's definitely missing a rick grimes type character- a character i'm immediately invested in. three episodes with this family and i really don't care if they live or die. Music is really great in the show- kind of old school horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

God some of the dialogue in this.
    "I thought I'd lost you."
    "No. You didn't lose me. You're never gonna lose me."
    Some terrible acting too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I enjoyed that episode!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Monopoly, sweet suffering jebus monopoly!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

great episode , liked the fact that the authorities come in at the end and take control so it will be interesting to see how that all unravels. not liking any of the main characters though.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭seanin4711

ara come on now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It's good so far but it's definitely missing a rick grimes type character- a character i'm immediately invested in. three episodes with this family and i really don't care if they live or die. Music is really great in the show- kind of old school horror.
    I care about the old man. He seems to know what it's all about. His daughter could be interesting as well. I wonder will he be able to off his wife though.

At the end I was expecting the final shot to be of that plane that was wobbling all over the sky, crashed and on fire. Then it ended with the old guy saying it's already too late. Bit pointless including the plane if they weren't going to do anything with it. I mean, no one even went "holy crap, that plane looks like it's about to crash" and it was near enough that they would have heard and probably felt the crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    At the end I was expecting the final shot to be of that plane that was wobbling all over the sky, crashed and on fire. Then it ended with the old guy saying it's already too late. Bit pointless including the plane if they weren't going to do anything with it. I mean, no one even went "holy crap, that plane looks like it's about to crash" and it was near enough that they would have heard and probably felt the crash.

I hearing rumors about a plane based webisodes or something !

Keplar240B wrote: »
    I hearing rumors about a plane based webisodes or something !
    Please let this be so. It makes sense as they really went out of their way to make sure you noticed the plane and then........ nothing.

I loved the webisodes that showed how the woman became the half crawling zombie that Rick shot in the first episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Washout wrote: »
    What I love about all of this is we know everything there is to know about how the zombies behave.

But the people in the show are experiencing this for the first time and don't know how to react. The zombies are people they know and rather than running the hell away they walk straight into the path of their own demise.

Same as you i am sitting their shouting at the tele. Bloody good show but not on at the same standards as the original i feel yet but maybe that's just me not been attached to the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

This is just a guess, but possibly as it aired September 13, they thought it too controversial so close to anniversary of 911 to show a plane smashing down in a large American city.
    Breaking Bad did it but that aired in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,771 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

did the mother/nurse explain fully to the salzaars that the mother is a gonner?

strange the soldiers wouldn't want to see everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Decided to leave it a few episodes to start watching this and I'm glad I did. I'm after watching the first three in a row, was seriously let down by the first episode but it's been getting better and better as it goes on, definitely a slow burner but I think it works better like that. Building up the outbreak bit by bit which is leading to a massive last episode by the looks of things. As far as the characters acting a bit naive it's to be expected really, nobody has a clue what's happening and acting accordingly, pretty much like Rick was in the first Walking Dead episode before he bumped into Morgan. The tension is crazy throughout the whole show as well!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Another thing bugging me, he had a grand mal and puked all over himself and instead of having a shower and changing he's playing monopoly!
    It's like a pendulum, one good scene with Salazar then a shocker with travis and madly 'hello angel'

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I enjoyed that episode more than the 2nd one, although there were still flaws in it of course. I'm guessing over the next couple of episodes the penny will drop that there is no coming back from it and that they really are dead. the teenage son (not the junkie although he has his moments) is annoying. I was expecting the daughter, Aleisha, to have disappeared off to find the boyfriend again when they were looking for her as they were leaving the house.

I wonder how long they will actually stay in LA now that the army are there? I assume the whole series will be set in a more suburban area, but from a survival point of view if you can leave to somewhere more remote once you twig what's happening, you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok, I really enjoyed the episode (the second half more so). But, God damn it's slow. These 3 episodes could fit into 1 episode. I get it, they haven't a breeze of what's going on. But pick up the pace a bit. way too long in barbershop, way too long in the house waiting for people to come back.

After watching it last night I thought the first few episodes of TWD weren't this slow surely. So, I watched them again and wow, still amazing! So much happening compared to FTWD. FTWD doesn't have a Rick yet, I feel the wife is going to take that roll, but haven't warmed to her just yet, but potential, not like Rick at the very start.

Am I right in saying this will have 6 episodes and its been green lit for a second season already?

Might want to get the ball rolling a bit faster now, feels like the first half of season two of TWD at the moment.

And yes, the son, change your clothes, you're at home, stop wearing those old man clothes (mank), have a shower ya durt, *rolls eyes*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

actually they are. That was an easter egg. AMC are going to be making a standalone episode of FTWD to air at some point during S6 of TWD (probably around hiatus or just before MSP). It will be set on a plane. Then one of the characters from the plane will then join the cast for FTWD 2nd season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Anyone else notice that they just couldn't resist editing in the 'chack-chack' sound of a pump action shotgun being racked, when the actor raised an under and over?

Oh yeah, and and then the sound of a hammer being cocked for the second shot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really enjoying this show immensely. Totally gripped and enthralled.

My heart does be pounding throughout it, not sure why, but the fact the characters are so oblivious to everything has me worried for them constantly, which I havnt felt in The Walking Dead in years.

Really enjoyable and look forward to it every week

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else find the Ma annoying? She comes across very disconnected. Not sure if it's her character who is in half shock or poor acting but I always get the sense she doesn't really care what's going on around her.

I'm liking the show so far but I wish the youngfella put on new clothes, looks like an 80 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Skipped through this one too.

Jaysus, its a real opinion divider. Half of you think its the bee's knees and the other half are thinking its a slow, badly acted, poorly dialogued, plothole ridden pile of muck so far.

I totally get that we the audience know whats going on, know how zombies in TWD behave and our characters don't etc.

But our characters have already dealt with a zombie thats tried to eat them and didn't go down till it got its head smashed in/blown off. Our characters can see civilisation collapsing around them, have fought through rioting and looting, have seen one neighbour across the street get attacked/eaten by another neighbour......But sure lets put our headphones on so we can't hear danger, lets play monopoly, lets assume the groaning neighbour eating our dog is different to the School Principle that tried to eat us or our sons drug dealer who tried to eat us earlier in the day. Lets try and talk sense into him. To re-iterate. This is not frustration that the characters don't know what we the viewer know. This is frustration that the characters don't know/forget what they witnessed hours previously!!

Thats not 'Nit-Picking'!! Thats "This....makes....no.....****ing.......sense!!"

Zombies, Rioting, Looting, Army needing to get involved, civilisation breaking down.............."I don't believe in Guns, You know that!!"

"Oh, before we leave for the desert, better put out the wheelie bins, the Garbage men will be around after the National Guard and their 50 cals and their Humvee's leave"

This is sub Z-Nation quality!!

Its slow because of the need for characterisation?? Well......its not working. I don't care if any or all the characters die. In fact I want them to die. If episode 4 had all this family be killed and the second half of the season featured a knew family I'd think "Cool!! No one is safe. Brave scriptwriters!!"

Advertisement