Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Irish chess blogs - discussion thread

Options
  • 09-09-2015 10:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭

I am here in my private capacity not as member of the Executive .
    Answers will be given in to our members - you Leecale could be non member and non chess player as few of them here .
    But some answers are given at FB Irish Chess page .Have a look

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

But some answers are given at FB Irish Chess page .Have a look
    What, like these?
    Eboards is full of lies and hate towards executive. 7 full of hate members write and lie day and night. But you seems to like that. See you at agm
    If I had a vendetta with anyone, then that person would either end up in the morgue or simply go missing and be disappeared from the face of the planet. But I don't do vendettas, I do however fight fire with fire when needs must and you and some of the nasty creeps who parrot such hate and LIES will be made to swallow your words and or be exposed for who and what you are.
    I am every bit as brave and pleasant in person <name snipped> as you are sometimes real dumb. I have given you more time than you ever deserved. You mix with liars, malcontents and hate mongers. It is only a virtual inevitability that you become one of them.
    I will delete comments as this block and remove person from the group. Write this on your wall not here

And so on. And it's been like that for a long time now Darko, it's not a recent thing. It's a very toxic place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Chess_Coach

This last one ---- I will delete was one writing bad about GG and MO and it was posted by well known member from Limerick .
    The first one about 7 people writing at Boards is kinda ok . Those hate this Executive and they wrote against certain people in the Executive in the past. I also wrote that they are used and manipulated . It is interesting that they never write anything nice and that they are lacking objective view. It is my personal opinion Marc or Mark. Please have a look at your black notebook that you had at the AGM few years ago . Look your tweets from AGM you were great in all of those but not that great at blitz as I recall. Shame that you made me your enemy for no reason . Where is Ulster Boy ? I miss him now
    Think twice Mark do not attack with no reason and talk to me about chess in Ireland . For 15 years now I work for Irish chess day and night and using my friends from FIDE and ECU to make this nation great at chess.
    Think about my project of coaching juniors here in Ireland .It was my dream . To coach top 50 players by our finest .
    It works now and it is great .
    Did you ever ask how you could help me ? Never. You just oppose anything I do and ignore the good things I gave to ICU .
    Look my record in ICU Executive and think twice .
    Transparency and fairness that is me . No game playing no lies and setups .Just hard work for you members

This one I will delete was one writing bad about GG
    But you think the others were fine? And you and I both know those aren't the worst examples from the last year or two. Explicit threats of violence, more defamation than you could readily count, pages and pages of complete bile.
    And that's what people looking for Irish chess on facebook find first.

Don't you ever worry about the effect that has?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ComDubh

It's a bit off-topic but that FB page and some of the postings here create an extremely bad impression of chess. @ChessCoach If you're really a chess coach, you should be concerned about this.

I am indeed an ICU member. The questions can be answered in the members-only area of the ICU site and I'll be happy to read them there. However the ICU have been promising this for ages and I sense no answers will be forthcoming.

LOL
    If I am really a coach ??? No comment my chess friend.

In the mid time please do not take side and be objective .

I have a question for you who is the member of the ICU who is having the most financial and power gain by being member of the Executive?
    Who was and why most time Team Captain .
    I came from very strong Chess State . The team captain is usually player who represented State in Chess . We have 1500 rated player who didnt play chess for 20 years and who in time of that did not have any FIDE title ( Arbiter or Trainer )

Why I am asking you ?

Who is paid arbiter at the most Irish tournaments and who can offer this

Live coverage at ICU website for his own business ?

Who is that man please ? Do you know ? O lets offer him Tournament Controller Office please perhaps ?
    No ? Yes ?

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote: »
    But you think the others were fine? And you and I both know those aren't the worst examples from the last year or two. Explicit threats of violence, more defamation than you could readily count, pages and pages of complete bile.
    And that's what people looking for Irish chess on facebook find first.

Don't you ever worry about the effect that has?

You can always report the page and argue that something written is wrong .
    And people post there with they real names and photos .
    So it is much easier to take action if you wish so .
    I believe that people posting there are standing behind their words

You can always report the page and argue that something written is wrong .
    You're the admin of that group; you're saying you're happy to leave that stuff up there unless someone reports you to facebook and has them deal with it?
    And people post there with they real names and photos .
    Do they? I can scroll back up less than six months in that group and find people who were not doing so, for an extended period.
    I believe that people posting there are standing behind their words
    You think that's a good thing given the words they're using?

Tell me Darko, if a parent wanted to know whether or not to send their child to your chess club knowing you'd be responsible for them and they went looking for you on facebook and found that group, what do you think they'd decide to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Lecale

I believe that the group is private now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

No, it's still public. Just search for it and you can read all posts.

Such as the attached spectacular one, which is an utter, utter disgrace -
    Names like Jimmy Saville, Rolf Harris were once akin to Sainthood and though the dastardly deeds of these people are not anything of the type and seriousness of those perpetrated by Mark Orr.

Yet it stays up there.

To me, that should be a matter for a disciplinary hearing.

To me lots of lies written here should be as well matter for a disciplinary hearing .

• Advertisement

What?

Chess_Coach deflects to a different subject rather than addresses the matter at hand?

Well I never!

Do you - as the moderator of that blog - condone the attached post?

I'll refer to you to my mod warning earlier today btw.

The another moderator posted and you have two possibility
    To report him in fb or report to me . However you ll never do that but you will go and publish this here without doing so .
    Did you report that article ?

Does something that blatant require reporting?

In any event, I reported to you it just above.

Do you condone the post? Do you think it's appropriate to suggest Orr is worse than child sex offenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pawntof4

I can't imagine what parents looking to get there children into chess would think looking at a posts like that. What about potential sponsors?

From what I've read it looks like an echo chamber for a few people who think because they've raised a few quid for the ICU or have been involved in a few coaching lessons for kids that they can say whatever they want. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's hurting Irish chess or not.

cdeb wrote: »
    Does something that blatant require reporting?

In any event, I reported to you it just above.

Do you condone the post? Do you think it's appropriate to suggest Orr is worse than child sex offenders?

Did I write this and why do you ask me . Ask the other moderator please .
    He is mod as well as I am

I am asking you, as a moderator of that forum, if you condone that post.

Staggeringly, from your refusal to answer, I have to conclude that you do condone it.

A junior coach condoning something like this. Welcome to Irish chess.

Chess_Coach reply deleted.

A reminder of my post on this very thread about staying on topic.

If you want to talk about how great you are, you are more than welcome to start a new thread.

I will not answer at public forum because you never reported the post or group .
    If you red and didnt report then I assume you agreed with this as well.
    You do have something against me personal y which I will easily prove with all screen shots that I have .
    Being the junior coach with record of beating your team is good . It is shame that you want to use this way to defeat me is just so low.
    All people here can easily see that you have personal issue with me and not other way round

cdeb wrote: »
    I am asking you, as a moderator of that forum, if you condone that post.

Staggeringly, from your refusal to answer, I have to conclude that you do condone it.

A junior coach condoning something like this. Welcome to Irish chess.

I would have to agree. I wonder can chess_coach let us know if he thinks posts like this help or hinder chess in Ireland?

I will not answer at public forum because you never reported the post or group .
    If you red and didnt report then I assume you agreed with this as well

Do not assume so; I do not agree with it.

• Advertisement

The 3 against one is not enough boys not here and not in real lol come one brave people. You are getting personal lads .
    Full of hate and frustration all of you . I am alone not calling mates.
    I am responsible only for what I do and write .

The 3 against one is not enough boys not here and not in real lol come one brave people

I am not against you. I'm glad a member of the current exec is willing to engage with the Irish chess community.

I will admit I find your inability to answer basic questions can be frustrating at times.

The question that I can answer in my private capacity I ll do gladly.
    However the reports are very sensitive and I have suggested to Executive that they should be published at ICU website .
    Imagine the letter from Executive to MCU President was hidden from members of the MCU AGM. So even when letter is sent they do not want to inform the members. Just try for moment be fair and objective.

Why would ICU Chairman the real Gentleman go this road if he had another choice ?
    The amount of sabotage was just breathtaking .

The fundamental question is

Who is having the most financial gain as member of the Executive ? Who is in Executive for 10 plus years in various positions and why ?

Who is really controlling ICU ?

3 against one
    Darko, quit that nonsense. It's not anyone against anyone. This is not a schoolyard. If more than one person disagrees with you, then more than one person disagrees with you. That's life.
    The moderation in here has specific, open rules. They're listed in the per-forum charter, there are basic site rules in the T&Cs that you signed, and they're the rules for everyone. There are three forum moderators here - cdeb, reunion and neo_ninja. There are some category moderators like myself and steve, but we don't mod the forum unless we're on and nobody else is available and something truly over the line is posted. If you think any moderator's broken the rules, there's a documented procedure for independent arbitration by either the cmods who aren't involved, or the admins.

That's the system, that's how it works. We do not get into threats and stupid schoolyard nonsense. Your ICU rating does not dictate your posting privileges. Everyone gets to post if they want to so long as they adhere to the forum charter. That's what this place is.

And none of that means that you can post daft stuff and not have your ideas challanged. That's life. You're free to say 1+1=3. Everyone else is free to say you're wrong.

That's what's happened here. You need to stop thinking it's a personal attack; it's people disagreeing with something you've said or done. You are not under attack.

The question that I can answer in my private capacity I ll do gladly.
    However the reports are very sensitive and I have suggested to Executive that they should be published at ICU website .
    Imagine the letter from Executive to MCU President was hidden from members of the MCU AGM. So even when letter is sent they do not want to inform the members.

I think you misunderstood. My question is do you think the post that cbeb referenced on the Chess Ireland facebook page helps or hinders chess in Ireland?

Who is having the most financial gain as member of the Executive ?

Who is in Executive for 10 plus years in various positions and why ?

Who is really controlling ICU ?

Do you have answers to any of these questions? I would be really interested to know. I was under the impression that as Chairman and Secretary, Pat Fitzsimons and Eugene Donohoe are the main guys running the ICU.

The Executive run ICU not one or two men. In the past that was the case but not now

The Executive run ICU not one or two men. In the past that was the case but not now

I didn't say Executive was two men. I said they were the main guys but back to my questions.

Again my very straightforward question is do you think the post that cbeb referenced on the Chess Ireland facebook page helps or hinders chess in Ireland?

I'm sure Chess_Coach will reply on his return from his temporary ban, pawntof4.

(Just in case you missed it on the other thread)

• Advertisement

So now the facebook page reckons the Mark Orr matter should be reported to the police (but it's very sensitive why, so no reasons are given).

And obviously there's no reason at all why an accusation like that should just be thrown about publicly.

Advertisement