Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you have with your cuppa??

Options
  • 08-09-2015 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hi just a bit of fun here.

I eat pretty clean and I love my veggies and lean meat. My problem is when I'm sitting down at night with a cup of tea I'm likely to tuck in to a pack of biscuits. Not ideal!

What do you guys have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Toast..Theres no biscuits in my house as I would eat half the packet...and I eat healthily most of the time too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Nothing. I used to have biscuits and just stopped buying them. If they're not there, I wont eat them and it's too much hassle to go rooting for something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Nothing. I used to have biscuits and just stopped buying them. If they're not there, I wont eat them and it's too much hassle to go rooting for something else!

Same as that.

I found it was more a habit than an all-consuming need for a biccie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

What do you snack on and what you have with your cuppa are two different questions. I don't understand why some people feel that when you drink a cuppa you have to eat something with it. My auntie would go mental offering me food with a cuppa as If I'd broken some holy law if I didn't have a least a digestive biscuit with it. I drink tea all the time on it's own. I eat nuts when I want to snack. I've taken to raw cauliflower recently. Not with my tea obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Quest bar. Every time. I usually cut mine up into individual pieces Nd snack on those through the day etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Quest bar. Every time. I usually cut mine up into individual pieces Nd snack on those through the day etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39,098 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A Kit-Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Cheese, usually the mini bags of treat sized ones, often dipped in philadelphia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Rich tea or cream crackers, you can have six of either of them for ~200 calories. Not including any toppings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Tea on its own

If i do have biscuits i have to have tea with em though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Doug Cartel

Hobnobs or shortbread would be my preference.

Chocolate hobnobs were €1.50 a packet for a while there, so I started getting them regularly enough. Then once I had formed a habit, they jacked the price back up to €2.75. This is almost exactly what happened in the Very Special Episode of Degrassi Junior High warning about the dangers of drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Rich tea or cream crackers, you can have six of either of them for ~200 calories. Not including any toppings.

Cream crackers with tea?

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Brioche .

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ekels

Nakd or Trek bars. I've heard them being criticized for containing dates but I find them tasty.

Oat cakes with a nut butter spread on top is a good alternative. They're very tasty and you're consuming complex carbs and healthy fat. They're very tasty also.

Made tasty, moist, no-bake bars last night. Popped a tablespoon of honey, just under a cup of peanut butter and just under half a cup of milk into a saucepan at low heat. Stirred the ingredients under the heat until they were combined. Threw in a cup of oats and some sesame seeds and 3/4 of a cup of vanilla whey which made the mixture thick. Gave it a good stirring and got myself a chopping board and covered it with tinfoil. Threw my mixture onto the tinfoil, flattened it out, let it set. Came back that evening and chopped it up into bars.

Had it with coffee in work this morning and I'm sure it'd go lovely with the tea this evening at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Madeira cake yum yum:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

nothing really , i mostly drink berry tea and I find nothing really goes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Ruby31

Ekels wrote: »
    Nakd or Trek bars. I've heard them being criticized for containing dates but I find them tasty.

Oat cakes with a nut butter spread on top is a good alternative. They're very tasty and you're consuming complex carbs and healthy fat. They're very tasty also.

Made tasty, moist, no-bake bars last night. Popped a tablespoon of honey, just under a cup of peanut butter and just under half a cup of milk into a saucepan at low heat. Stirred the ingredients under the heat until they were combined. Threw in a cup of oats and some sesame seeds and 3/4 of a cup of vanilla whey which made the mixture thick. Gave it a good stirring and got myself a chopping board and covered it with tinfoil. Threw my mixture onto the tinfoil, flattened it out, let it set. Came back that evening and chopped it up into bars.

Had it with coffee in work this morning and I'm sure it'd go lovely with the tea this evening at home.

Agree on the oatcakes with nut butter. Even nicer with sliced banana on top for sweetness.

I don't see a problem with dates as long as you're not eating loads of them along with lots of other very sweet fruits. They're full of fibre, vitamins and minerals.

I also make 'no bake' bars and find them great to have in place of chocolate or biscuits with a cuppa. I ignore those who say they're very calorific. They're full of nutrients and again, if you stick to one portion & eat well the rest of the day, sure no harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Ruby31 wrote: »

I also make 'no bake' bars and find them great to have in place of chocolate or biscuits with a cuppa. I ignore those who say they're very calorific. They're full of nutrients and again, if you stick to one portion & eat well the rest of the day, sure no harm!
    Just after having one of my own no bake bars. Great way to get the calories in for the day

Advertisement