Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Rugger - Boards League

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Actually not UPC's fault, wasn't it ITV launched an Irish version of their primary channel and that's what we have now instead?

The current UTV Ireland (load of balls) is apparently unconnected to the previous UTV and ITV. I read up on it and it makes absolutely no sense at all. But yes, not UPC's fault. I wonder now that UPC is Virgin Media might we be able to tune ITV in the way Sky can?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Actually not UPC's fault, wasn't it ITV launched an Irish version of their primary channel and that's what we have now instead?
    The current UTV Ireland (load of balls) is apparently unconnected to the previous UTV and ITV. I read up on it and it makes absolutely no sense at all. But yes, not UPC's fault. I wonder now that UPC is Virgin Media might we be able to tune ITV in the way Sky can?

Ya sorry not really blaming UPC more a case of annoyed that it's the only option I have so I can't tune in channels like ITV or BBC Wales for the pro12 games

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Johnny Farango

Hiya, Anyone know the best means of getting SOME selection information before the games kick off today?

Hiya, Anyone know the best means of getting SOME selection information before the games kick off today?

Canada v Romania

Fiji v Uruguay

South Africa vs USA

Namibia v Georgia

Links for other games below, none updated at time of posting though :(

NZ v Tonga

Samoa v Scotland

Aus v Wales

England v Uruguay

Argentina v Namibia

Italy v Romania

France v Ireland

USA v Japan

--

USA, Namibia & Romania have two games this Gameweek

I've gone all in on England players this week. Will either be an in credible league winning move or a massive disaster. We shall see.

• Advertisement

I've gone all in on England players this week. Will either be an in credible league winning move or a massive disaster. We shall see.

What's the national animal of Uruguay and I'll post a picture of it burning down Twickenham!!!

What's the national animal of Uruguay and I'll post a picture of it burning down Twickenham!!!

Their emblem is a Southern Lapwing.
    011-2011-0934.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Match is in manchester

aimee1 wrote: »
    Match is in manchester

The Super League Grand Final is on in Manchester that day too. Police will have their work cut out for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

b.gud wrote: »
    Might be worth hanging onto an english wing given that they're playing Uruguay

I got Jack Nowell - reckon he should play seeing its meaningless and he hasn't played yet. Also May is injured, a bit risky but if he plays he should do well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I got Jack Nowell - reckon he should play seeing its meaningless and he hasn't played yet. Also May is injured, a bit risky but if he plays he should do well.
    Good shout ;). Though definitely better than Watson?

England: 15 Alex Goode, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Henry Slade, 12 Owen Farrell, 11 Jack Nowell, 10 George Ford, 9 Danny Care, 8 Nick Easter, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 James Haskell, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Joe Launchbury, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Mako Vunipola.

Replacements: 16 Jamie George, 17 Joe Marler, 18 David Wilson, 19 George Kruis, 20 Tom Wood, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 Jonathan Joseph, 23 Mike Brown.

source: http://www.planetrugby.com/news/farrell-and-slade-at-centre-for-england/

I brought in Nowell and Slade on the same logic. Tried to get Goode too but couldn't make the sums work.

Argh... My last min move from Murray to Laidlaw does not look like it worked despite telling me the transfer did successfully happen since I can still see Murray in my starting team. Ah well... Hopefully he's not as useless as against Italy :rolleyes:.

iroced wrote: »
    Argh... My last min move from Murray to Laidlaw does not look like it worked despite telling me the transfer did successfully happen since I can still see Murray in my starting team. Ah well... Hopefully he's not as useless as against Italy :rolleyes:.

I took a chance and put Farrell in as my kicker.

And for my sins I gave Picamoles my captaincy...

Macovei is the captain choice of the smart player. :pac: (Second time!)

I took a chance and put Farrell in as my kicker.

And for my sins I gave Picamoles my captaincy...
    Risky. Who does usually kick for England when both Farrell & Ford start?

Picamoles could work out well in this game. I took a chance on Nakarawa for captaincy for his "easy" fixture and got Goode, Watson & Sanchez in for respectively May, Brown & Sexton. The fact we knew the English starting line-up made me go for them. Ideally I'd have liked to get a Springbok and/or Kiwi (for SH, flanker and/or lock - not sure R. Gray will play & Matfield is out -) even for 1/2 hit(s) but without being sure of the team line-ups I figured it was not worth it.

My other "key" decisions were Turashvilli on the bench (Moore on the field) despite his 2 games since his stats are awful, POM on the bench for Wilson and well Murray out for Laidlaw which didn't go through.

The Irish perf against Italy put me off your players :p. Can't believe I'm actually fielding more French (Slimani & Picamoles) than Irish for this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Missed the deadline, so I still have Brown starting etc, damit.

Risky. Who does usually kick for England when both Farrell & Ford start?

Picamoles could work out well in this game. I took a chance on Nakarawa for captaincy for his "easy" fixture and got Goode, Watson & Sanchez in for respectively May, Brown & Sexton. The fact we knew the English starting line-up made me go for them. Ideally I'd have liked to get a Springbok and/or Kiwi (for SH, flanker and/or lock - not sure R. Gray will play & Matfield is out -) even for 1/2 hit(s) but without being sure of the team line-ups I figured it was not worth it.

My other "key" decisions were Turashvilli on the bench (Moore on the field) despite his 2 games since his stats are awful, POM on the bench for Wilson and well Murray out for Laidlaw which didn't go through.

The Irish perf against Italy put me off your players :p. Can't believe I'm actually fielding more French (Slimani & Picamoles) than Irish for this GW.

To my knowledge Farrell is considered the better kicker so I'd imagine he will kick. Then again, they should steamrole the game so they might give Ford some practice.

Either way, who the hell knows what England are doing, they've 3 fly halves in their back line. Lancaster has waited until the RWC to turn into Pierre Saint-Andre.

Scythica wrote: »
    Missed the deadline, so I still have Brown starting etc, damit.

Who is your sub FB? Brown is on the bench so he might get some points for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Who is your sub FB? Brown is on the bench so he might get some points for you.

Nanai Williams but doesn't make a difference cos if Brown comes on it's negated right?

• Advertisement

Scythica wrote: »
    Nanai Williams but doesn't make a difference cos if Brown comes on it's negated right?

Yeah. I don't see any reason Brown should come on though, unless Goode gets injured. It seems only fair that the 4 guys who haven't featured until now get the full 80.

Good shout ;). Though definitely better than Watson?

England: 15 Alex Goode, 14 Anthony Watson, 13 Henry Slade, 12 Owen Farrell, 11 Jack Nowell, 10 George Ford, 9 Danny Care, 8 Nick Easter, 7 Chris Robshaw (c), 6 James Haskell, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Joe Launchbury, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Tom Youngs, 1 Mako Vunipola.

Replacements: 16 Jamie George, 17 Joe Marler, 18 David Wilson, 19 George Kruis, 20 Tom Wood, 21 Richard Wigglesworth, 22 Jonathan Joseph, 23 Mike Brown.

source: http://www.planetrugby.com/news/farrell-and-slade-at-centre-for-england/

Damn, didn't think Watson would play. I ditched Farrel for Biggar too, of course he'll go and score a try now.

Any news on NZ team? I have NMS as captain, thinking he should play since he was rested v Georgia and Saves has played all games.

What a player.

What a champion.

What a captain.

Still has another game to play too!

2 tries, 10 tackles

How the fcuk did you manage that ???!!! :eek: !!!??? Are you a Colomiers fan :p?

Anyway fantastic call on your side and with another game in his hands you're on for a glorious GW :)!

[...] Pierre Saint-Andre.
    Philippe :p.

What a player.

What a champion.

What a captain.

Still has another game to play too!

2 tries, 10 tackles

You've used up ALL your round 4 luck. You are going to have 4 non starters this week...

Yes, je suis un idiot

ha! I typed in "I am an idiot" and googles first choice prediction to complete the sentence was "in french" ...

Wonder if anyone had the Uruguay SH in their team? Two tries, onto a winner, red card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

took a punt on a few players. good few already selected but got rid of brown and robshaw

How the fcuk did you manage that ???!!! :eek: !!!??? Are you a Colomiers fan :p?

Anyway fantastic call on your side and with another game in his hands you're on for a glorious GW :)!
    You've used up ALL your round 4 luck. You are going to have 4 non starters this week...

No luck here. I've had him as captain twice. Romania have had two double game weeks!

18 points last time round. Should beat that this time.

• Advertisement

No luck here. I've had him as captain twice. Romania have had two double game weeks!

18 points last time round. Should beat that this time.
    Admittedly but why him? How did you know/rate him?

Well done anyway.

Advertisement