Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminated Employment- Not Accepted

Options
  • 04-09-2015 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Long story but I was involved in a dispute with my employer. I looked for it to be resolved. Initial efforts were made but continuously put off by them. A mediator was brought in but the employer kept putting it off. I wrote to them requesting a resolution or I would be reporting to EAT. One inadequate response then no contact what so ever. Refused all communications. So after 6 months of trying to resolve issues to no avail I terminated my employment and stated that I would be pursuing an unfair dismissal under the grounds of constructive dismissal.

Today I received a letter, 3 weeks after my resignation, telling me I would not be getting a P45 as they did not accept my resignation. I was told that if I resigned by giving notice I would receive my P45 and whatever holidays were due. Otherwise they were withholding everything.
    What should I do? Contact the accountant? Revenue? NERA? Solicitor? What would be the best option?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Revenue can issue you the P45; in terms of outstanding holidays they are owed to you (up to the day of termination) but honestly seeing as you're looking at pursuing a constructive dismissal case were you need to prove it I'd say a solicitor will need to get involved either way.

Advertisement