Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever used Flyefit swords (24hour gym)?

Options
  • 04-09-2015 8:55pm

Just wondering if anyone here has ever had any real experience of this place?

Particularly interested in the AM hours. I like a quiet, solitary space to do what you want without an audience (would be fairly self conscious in general).

The 24 hour aspect appeals to me as I presume/hope such a place would effectively be empty after midnight anyway? (im assuming it's a gimmick they use to sell you on the place, but that most people don't actually make use of it at 2-3am :P

Anyone ever been in it? (or other 24hour gyms in the general area? I'm in drogheda, but I'd handle a 25 minute drive out to Swords 3 times a week if I thought I'd be in a fairly quiet place)

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Went straight after work few weeks ago at 3am.. About 8 or 9 others there..

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭imonboard

They got 4 new squat racks recently, but they put a soft floor in the racks. This should be taken out inside the rack and the soft floor outside the rack left to stop damage. Did they actually get new weights for these racks or are the weights for the other 4 racks now split between 8?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Op I am a member.

I generally go at 6am weekends and its' busy but not packed.
    They run classes at 6.30/7am so that get a few bodies.
    But its' unlikely you'll be stuck for a piece of equipment.

Mon-Fri 5pm - 10pm forget about it . I don't mind crowds and I hate it at that time.
    I've been there till 11pm on weekdays on occasion and it's still fairly busy.

weekends aren't bad from around 2pm.

would I drive from drogheda for it ?
    no i wouldn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I know this thread is old, but in future, Drogheda = Boyneside.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭scoopmine

Agreed on the boyneside comment if your based on Drogheda..

• Advertisement
Advertisement