Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 HDMI

Options
  • 04-09-2015 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys

My PS3 just decided to randomly cease displaying via HDMI - have tried different cables etc - i think its the socket thats failed - anyone know anywhere that would be reliable to repair this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Celeron Media

sofireland wrote: »
    Hey Guys

My PS3 just decided to randomly cease displaying via HDMI - have tried different cables etc - i think its the socket thats failed - anyone know anywhere that would be reliable to repair this?

The problem is not with the cables but an I/O problem. The HDD has corrupt data on the file system. I've encountered this with a few PS3 consoles. Press and hold the power button until you hear 3 beeps and that should load up the recovery menu. Select restore file system or restore system default. You will lose data but a least you will have the console working again.

Advertisement