Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

PS3 HDMI

Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭ sofireland

Hey Guys

My PS3 just decided to randomly cease displaying via HDMI - have tried different cables etc - i think its the socket thats failed - anyone know anywhere that would be reliable to repair this?

Comments

• sofireland wrote: »
    Hey Guys

My PS3 just decided to randomly cease displaying via HDMI - have tried different cables etc - i think its the socket thats failed - anyone know anywhere that would be reliable to repair this?

The problem is not with the cables but an I/O problem. The HDD has corrupt data on the file system. I've encountered this with a few PS3 consoles. Press and hold the power button until you hear 3 beeps and that should load up the recovery menu. Select restore file system or restore system default. You will lose data but a least you will have the console working again.

Advertisement