Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed to the floor with metal plates?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

JonMac wrote: »
    My understanding is that you send an engineer's report to Dolmen so they can assess the risk.[/Q

I know, but an engineer's report seems to be a requirement , if its over 15 years I think, whether or not you have a DOE, which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

kadman wrote: »
    Here is the location of Mr Dolmens engineers report form. Page 9 onwards.

http://www.camper.ie/downloads/Camper%20Scheme%20%28Total%20Package%20NB%29%202015%20RoI%2009.07.15.pdf

Its like the old engineers report from way back when. Its double jobbing if you ask me, campers require a DOE,
    that should suffice.

I found this Dolmen info very interesting. According to their paperwork I could buy one of these, http://www.romahome.com/model-range/romahome-d20/, it's the newest Romahome demountable on the market, but they wouldn't insure it! very weird.

I defy anybody to find logic in some of the motoring aspects in Ireland. Logic is an alien concept here.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭tony2phones

Anita M. wrote: »
    Campervan: conversion into campervan:
    The engineer did not want to sign off on the conversion as everything was fitted with screws into the wood and no 'metal plate or plates?' underneath the van to screw the bolts in. What is the required procedure to do the fixings and is there any company that would do this quickly or how can I do this myself?

Had to go back to the original question. If this is the engineer who is signing the Conversion.. then surely there is another engineer not far away who has signed off a conversion before?

To be totally off the wall;
    No one has to have an engineers report on a camper self built in the UK and had classification changed on a UK V5 registration so "sell" it to a UK mate, send the Photos to Swansea get the V5 "Motor Caravan" classification, "buy" it back then present it as a UK import. Makes absolutely no sense but shows the massive flaws in the Irish system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

This is non-sensical. I can go out and fill a panel van at B&Q with sinks and cookers and fridges and beds and tables and not secure them in any way. I suggest another Engineer (I imagine you are having to get an Engineer's cert before the CVRT).

• Advertisement

I reckon, as the engineer has to put his scrimshaw and insurance indemnity on the required
    forms, and as he stands to be liable in the event of the poo poo hitting the fan,
    he is armour plating his backside ( CYOA) against any possible issues.

Its under the modifications heading as far as I know on the revised LGV manual .

Advertisement