Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Squats....bigger bum?

Options
  • 04-09-2015 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

Ok, so as the title suggest, what im wondering is, do squats really make your ass bigger? Im not looking for a Kim K arse or anything, I just want a bit more junk in the truck. Ive seriously got a flat arse and besides piling on the pounds and hoping they reach my rear I was going to do some squats, but is it all a myth or do they really help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

mel123 wrote: »
    Ok, so as the title suggest, what im wondering is, do squats really make your ass bigger? Im not looking for a Kim K arse or anything, I just want a bit more junk in the truck. Ive seriously got a flat arse and besides piling on the pounds and hoping they reach my rear I was going to do some squats, but is it all a myth or do they really help?

Squats and deadlifts will build muscle in your glutes. If you adopt a wider stance then it places more emphasis on your hips and rear end than your quads.

Also consider doing lunges with dumbells, Glute Bridges also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Girl in my gym seems to do nothing but legs. Squats, deadlifts, GMs, GHRs, hamstring curls, hip thrusters, etc, and she has the best arse I've ever seen /pervert

In all seriousness, squats and deadlifts are possibly the most beneficial exercises you can do in both the short and long term. A decent bum is just the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Defo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

mel123 wrote: »

I was reading an article that suggested hip thrusts were even better for building a backside , but squats would be pretty cool for that too.
    There are a heap of exercises for building a better backside

some hip thrust stuff . but a ton of videos there too.
    https://youtu.be/hCm-70-9_XE

can do them without barbell or with bands etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

I've always found movements done with a wide stance always worked the glutes hard particularly the likes of Romanian deadlifts and especially rack/block pulls.
    The day after doing those for highish reps my arse would be crippled.
    ..... not that I'm looking to make it any bigger, I already possess lovely bottom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

Hip thrusts, all variations ftw. I speak from experience - my log is http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057319707 if you want specifics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

thanks everyone for the comments everyone, better get started so :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,558 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Girl in my gym seems to do nothing but legs. Squats, deadlifts, GMs, GHRs, hamstring curls, hip thrusters, etc, and she has the best arse I've ever seen /pervert

All great exercises tbf

Advertisement