Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heidenfeld 2015/16

Options
  • 03-09-2015 7:52pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Discussion thread for the minnows' league. :)

Three Rathmines teams will be interesting; you'd have to imagine they'll either be promoted or relegated (or both).

I reckon Rathmines and Blanch to go up. Celbridge and Elm Mount to push them close; maybe Inchicore A too if they can keep their form from last year. Ballinasloe have a 2000 on board 1 - though whether they have a board 7/8 is another question.

At the bottom, the two promoted teams look strong. So maybe Phibsboro and one of Inchicore B or Lucan?

So after all that, I think I've predicted most of the league in there somewhere - I can hardly be wrong!

League table is here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 A.Sanchez

There is no way Ballinasloe aren't going up and we will very easily fill out a squad of 8 bottom board probably about 1500. In fact wouldn't be surprised to see Rathmines languish in division 2 cause I can see Ballinasloe and Blachardstown making it another 1-2 for the 3rd time in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭checknraise

I make Rathmines G comfortable favourites for promotion, between Blanchardstown and Ballinasloe for 2nd.

Rathmines have lots of decent players 1700's but only 2 1800 and 1 1900. Ballinasloe's team is way way better than that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Have ye new players from last year?

1500 isn't that strong on board 8. And the second highest rated player last year was 1770, which puts ye behind Rathmines already.

Well theres a good few players whose ratings are inaccurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

The blanch team are very strong and only getting stronger. All you have to do is look at Rudolf's rating last year compared to this year. Gained 3-400 points with something like 10/11. I wasn't playing in that league last year but it looks like 3-4 teams could already be stronger than the bottom 3-4 in Armstrong. Rathmines will have a tough time going up with lack of subs from fielding 3 teams in one division

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Past_Pawn_99

If you take fide ratings we've got 1800+ down to board 6 ;)

Looking forward to this season, 2 extra boards will make things more interesting. Hopefully it ends well for us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭RQ_ennis_chess

I think Blanchardstown look very strong this year too and I hear they have added to last seasons squad. As an occasional Ballinasloe player I am not sure I quite share Sanchez' optimisim above but we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

Neither Ballinasloe or Cavan are located in Leinster, Could someone explain to me how & why these teams got in LCU leagues ?. The away games to these two clubs is a headache for other Leinster located clubs. Did anyone object about this in the past? any history of this would be helpful.

Ballinasloe play in Athlone, which is in Leinster.

There is no Ulster League, and afaik Cavan historically (in the 70s) played in the Leinster Leagues. They had a spell out of the leagues before rejoining five or six years ago. I think, anyway.

• Advertisement

Lucan 2.5 - 5.5 Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chessrookie

Good result for Lucan. They have a lot of experienced players on their squad. Where Blanchardstown missing some of your big guns?

We gave a walkover on board 8 and Lucan intelligently put there board 1 on board 2 (within 150 ofc) to dodge our FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bad Bishop

Ballinasloe 5-3 Malahide

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭flipsake

Inchicore B 5.5 Ballinasloe 2.5
    Ballinasloe were missing a few of their big guns but still a much needed result for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭RQ_ennis_chess

Ballinasloe doing a bit better this time out against Inchicore A 4-0 up with 4 games still in progress

Ended up Ballinasloe 6.5-1.5 Inchicore

Rathmines B (really their A team :P) 5.5 - 2.5 Blanchardstown

John Delaney loosing his first league game in 4 years, has been dropped for rest of the season! ;)

Last 2 results in Round 4
    Inchicore A 3.5 4.5 Celbridge
    Inchicore B 4 4 Lucan

Good round for Malahide.

Celbridge 0.5 - 6.5 Ballinasloe. One board to play.

• Advertisement

Phibsboro 4.5 Inchicore B 3.5
    Lucan 2 Inchicore A 6

Any word on the final game in the Celbridge-Ballinasloe match?

Celbridge-Ballinasloe final board a draw so ended up 1-7

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Rathminor

Rathmines A 1.5 Celbridge 5.5 (1 match postponed)
    Malahide 6.5. Rathmines C 1.5

Tough night.

Inchicore A 4-4 Phibsboro
    Inchicore B 0.5-7.5 Rathmines B
    Ouch!

Ballinasloe beat Lucan 5-3 in the previous round and are 4-2 against Phibsboro with 2 boards deferred due to clash with Gonzaga Chess Classic.

Rathmines C 5.5 Inchicore B 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Rathminor

Inchicore A 6:2 Rathmines C
    Inchicore B 1:6 Blanchardstown (Board 1 still to play)

Ballinasloe 4.5-3.5 Rathmines B

Gonna go down to the wire for 2nd place.

• Advertisement

Is it?

Rathmines B have a 5½ point lead at the moment - that's huge. They play two of the lower teams (Lucan and Phibsboro) while Ballinasloe have to play leaders Blanch.

Looks like Blanch and Rathmines B will be promoted handy enough.

But entirely possible I'm missing something!

Advertisement