Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrities who've had the biggest fall from public favour.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gucchi wrote: »
    Chris Brown
    Amy Winehouse
    Mel Gibson: Biggest star of his time.
    when is decided to make movie on last days of Jesus. That was the biggest mistake he did.

This movie effect the Jews a lot.

eh, his mistake was going on a drunken rant about jews and assaulting his girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gucchi

just due to one mistake he lost his many fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The Passion of the Christ was pretty successful though? :confused: He lost fans because of his drunken threatening rants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

chris browns career is bigger than ever SINCE the rihanna incident...!? look at his youtubes, and the amount of awards he has been given (read: "won") since then.

my choice would be Amanda Bynes.
    pure gold when it came to the "downfall" - she wont work again as an actress...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dolbert wrote: »
    The Passion of the Christ was pretty successful though? :confused: He lost fans because of his drunken threatening rants

i dont think successful quite covers it. A gross of $370M on a budget of $30M is ridiculously successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

gucchi wrote: »
    Chris Brown
    Amy Winehouse
    Mel Gibson: Biggest star of his time.
    when is decided to make movie on last days of Jesus. That was the biggest mistake he did.
    This movie effect the Jews a lot.
    eh, his mistake was going on a drunken rant about jews and assaulting his girlfriend.

Exactly. His downfall had nothing to do with that film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

pure gold when it came to the "downfall" - she wont work again as an actress...

Looked that one up on wikipedia - yikes:

"She made accusations via Twitter that her father sexually abused her as a child; shortly after she tweeted that her father had not molested her, but she claimed he implanted a microchip in her brain that forced her to make the accusation"

Looked that one up on wikipedia - yikes:

"She made accusations via Twitter that her father sexually abused her as a child; shortly after she tweeted that her father had not molested her, but she claimed he implanted a microchip in her brain that forced her to make the accusation"
    Tbf Amanda Bynes has been in treatment for a mental illness for a while now. It's cruel for the media to make fun of her for it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Dolbert wrote: »

It was a major critical and financial success. The start of Gibsons fallout came about two or so years later when he was arrested for drunk driving and went on his rant about Jews. The recorded threatening phonecalls to the girlfriend were a further nail in the coffin.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Don't think anybody mentioned Angus Deayton ( Have I got news for you )

I have to agree with this one. It's a bizarre situation - he was one of the most in demand presenters on the BBC and his career went wallop almost overnight because of reports in the most tabloid of tabloids, the News of the World. They probably only knew about it because they'd hacked his phone ffs!

I can understand him getting the sack from HIGNFY but the fact that his whole career ended over it is fairly unbelievable imo. The behaviour he was accused of is almost expected of some celebrities!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

ruskin wrote: »
    Mel Gibson
    Hulk Hogan
    Michael Richards

Mel Gibson is back baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

gotta be jimmy savile. worshipped and revered during his TOTP era.
    just unfortunate that the sick fcuk wasn't around to see what would happen to his name.

Rory McGrath. He was in court for a drunken assault last year and recently he was accused of stalking a married woman. Seems to have a big problem with drink, his career has hit the skids anyway. Can't remember when I last saw him on a panel show, he used to be all over the TV up to fairly recently.

Looks like Mr squeaky clean David Beckhams reputation is in for a pasting.

Johnny Depp's popularity has taken a tumble with the Amber Heard thing. His career has been in steady decline for a while too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭GuessWhoEh

xzanti wrote: »
    Poor Kerry, I've a soft spot for her. Don't think there's any harm in her. She's just lost.

I think that woman needs to just buy a small little house for her and her kids and just enjoy live. She doesn't need men. Especially that last one she was with. I don't think she ever stopped loving Brian McFadden. You're right, the woman is just lost

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Sepp Blatter :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvMPXwqTMto

And the massive scandal that rocked the 90,s Milli vanilli lip sync the truth hurts :rolleyes:

https://www.google.ie/?gws_rd=ssl#q=milli+vanilli+lip+sync .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

darkdubh wrote: »
    Johnny Depp's popularity has taken a tumble with the Amber Heard thing. His career has been in steady decline for a while too.

That definitely didn't help, but his movie choices and performances of late have been muck even his latest Pirates seems to have made less then the past films. He definitely seems a troubled man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Gary Linekar. Full of bravado and boasting. Picturing himself sunbathing in the light of recent BBC salary revelations. Tons of showing off. Just waiting for his fall. Hasn't happened yet but here's hoping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Hugh Grant and the prostitute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Jim Carrey, an utter b*****d for the way he treated that beautiful vulnerable girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

branie2 wrote: »

:confused:

He starred in (humdrum) blockbuster after blockbuster for nearly 10 years afterwards.

Well, where to begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

branie2 wrote: »

I thought that made the bumbling idiot's career :P

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought that made the bumbling idiot's career :P

Didn't seem to do him any harm anyway.

What a difference a month or so makes. Harvey Weinstein is exposed as a sex pest and alleged rapist. Kevin Spacey accused of sexual harrassment and his reputation is in tatters. Dustin Hoffman a sex pest. Here Michael Colgan a bully and sex pest. That's just for starters, lot of lesser known names accused as well like Brett Ratner whom I wasn't that familiar with previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

What a difference a month or so makes. Harvey Weinstein is exposed as a sex pest and alleged rapist. Kevin Costner accused of sexual harrassment and his reputation is in tatters. Dustin Hoffman a sex pest. Here Michael Colgan a bully and sex pest. That's just for starters, lot of lesser known names accused as well like Brett Ratner whom I wasn't that familiar with previously.

Nothing in the recent past about Kevin Costner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

What a difference a month or so makes. Harvey Weinstein is exposed as a sex pest and alleged rapist. Kevin Costner accused of sexual harrassment and his reputation is in tatters. Dustin Hoffman a sex pest. Here Michael Colgan a bully and sex pest. That's just for starters, lot of lesser known names accused as well like Brett Ratner whom I wasn't that familiar with previously.

Kevin Spacey get a pass with you or something?

He's got more headlines than all of those except maybe Weinstein. Partly because of his sad homo-deflection efforts.

• Advertisement

I typed in Kevin Costner when I meant Kevin Spacey. Don't know how I managed that, apologies. [/B]

Advertisement