Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom changing Name?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭Nollog

They cold call customers to try to sell them new products. All it takes is a 'yes' on the phone to do the deal. I answered the phone at an elderly and confused relatives house recently and found them politely inquiring about how the service was and if they would be better on a different package.. i found it unethical as my relative would be completely led in a conversation like that and has never expressed a wish to upgrade.
    I know there is a cooling off period but this has little relevance as it depends on a relative finding the mail etc.

When I get such calls at home I always say that i dont deal on such matters by phone but to send me a letter with their proposals. Needless to say, they never do.

It's not really cold call, they generate a list of customers who don't tick the "don't contact me" box and who've been on the same package for a while.
    Though maybe that is cold calling depending on your definition/interpretation.

And all those offers are new contracts.
    That's why they do it, to lock people into new 12 month contracts. UPC are notorious for it.

You should tell them to put you and your relative on the do not call list.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

/\/ollog wrote: »
    It's standard practice to sign a new year or more contract for a change in service, also no company should ever switch you do another package without your consent.

To be honest Vodafones actions were highly idiotic.

First of all they had never charged my sister for going over the cap before, in fact, I'm not sure there even was a cap on her broadband when she first signed up, it just seemed to appear after a few years! I'm sure it was "legally" changed, but it seemed highly dubious.

They then started charging here for going over a ridiculously small cap (just 30GB) two months ago, at the same time as new customers were paying €5 less for unlimited!

When my sister challenged them on this and asked them to scrap the cap charge, they refused. And they also refused to change her to the new unlimited product without a new contract.

Needless to say my sister was very upset with them and told them she would leave for Sky so. They shrugged their shoulders and basically told her to feck off.

Needless to say the next day she switched to Sky.

As a result she also cancelled both her and her husbands Vodafone mobile phone contracts 2 weeks later.

Honestly I've never heard of such an incompetent and unprofessional customer service!

For the sake of them being a little flexible, they have driven away an otherwise happy costumer of a number of years for ever and cost their company a great deal of money.

To be honest I was gob-smacked when I heard all of this. Sky and UPC customer service are way better then this. If you called them like this they would normally give you something like half price service for 6 months to keep you happy. Sure you would have to sign up to a new contract, but they would make it worth your while.

Vodafone were expecting her to sign up to a new 12 month contract at full price, no offers, that is idiotic.

If this is what Vodafones customer service is now like, no wonder they are losing their position as the number one network in many markets across Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

UPC changing to Virgin and now this?

Both are such stupid names, save money and don't bother renaming either of them!

"If it ain't broke...."

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

bk wrote: »
    To be honest Vodafones actions were highly idiotic.

First of all they had never charged my sister for going over the cap before, in fact, I'm not sure there even was a cap on her broadband when she first signed up, it just seemed to appear after a few years! I'm sure it was "legally" changed, but it seemed highly dubious.

They then started charging here for going over a ridiculously small cap (just 30GB) two months ago, at the same time as new customers were paying €5 less for unlimited!

When my sister challenged them on this and asked them to scrap the cap charge, they refused. And they also refused to change her to the new unlimited product without a new contract.

Needless to say my sister was very upset with them and told them she would leave for Sky so. They shrugged their shoulders and basically told her to feck off.

Needless to say the next day she switched to Sky.

As a result she also cancelled both her and her husbands Vodafone mobile phone contracts 2 weeks later.

Honestly I've never heard of such an incompetent and unprofessional customer service!

For the sake of them being a little flexible, they have driven away an otherwise happy costumer of a number of years for ever and cost their company a great deal of money.

To be honest I was gob-smacked when I heard all of this. Sky and UPC customer service are way better then this. If you called them like this they would normally give you something like half price service for 6 months to keep you happy. Sure you would have to sign up to a new contract, but they would make it worth your while.

Vodafone were expecting her to sign up to a new 12 month contract at full price, no offers, that is idiotic.

If this is what Vodafones customer service is now like, no wonder they are losing their position as the number one network in many markets across Europe.

6 weeks you say? I waited overall like 3 months from the moment they took the order to be fully connected

see my signature for details if you wish.

Niemoj wrote: »
    UPC changing to Virgin and now this?

Both are such stupid names, save money and don't bother renaming either of them!

"If it ain't broke...."

I can see why UPC would change, in the long run 1 name costs less than 2, the eircom one is just pointless advertising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭degsie

Why do ppl keep referring to 'Eircom' when in fact it's 'eircom'?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

degsie wrote: »
    Why do ppl keep referring to 'Eircom' when in fact it's 'eircom'?

Because Eircom is a proper noun and as such proper nouns should always be capitalised. Using a lowercase e is just stupid, childish marketing that was trying to be "edgy" 15 years ago!

bk wrote: »
    Because Eircom is a proper noun and as such proper nouns should always be capitalised. Using a lowercase e is just stupid, childish marketing that was trying to be "edgy" 15 years ago!

Because circles were in then, the "e" is futuristic because of the swoopy-circley look.:pac:

Advertisement