Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 matchday thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Just back from a busy afternoon...
    iroced wrote: »
    Guzan (home to Sunderland) or Myhill (away to Stoke) ?
    Went for the home keeper... Hopefully the first 2 GWs don't make a repica. I'll have to sort that rotation quickly, I don't like this growing dilemma...
    I had a bad feeling about it... Didn't have time to change my mind.

But... no one answered me icon_cry.gif...

Still fighting to decide who to ditch between Bellerin & Azpi :o... for Kolarov.

- edit -

Eventually ditched Azpi. Not happy with it for this week game but they haven't kept a CS yet, their H2H recent history is not as good as Arsenal one at St James Park CS-wise and more importantly the £0.5m diff gives me a lot more flexibility towards my next transfers. It means I don't HAVE TO WC next week.

Hopefully I got this one perfectly spot on.

-

About Agüero second blank in a row and captain obvious this week, didn't I warn you all :pac: :rolleyes: :pac:
    [...] I remember that last year very few "captains obvious" did actually work...

---

So. 37 (-4) with just Gomis left to play. Sounds decent so far. The 7 points wasted on my(hill) bench are a pain and would have made it a very good week. I will quickly revert to the one team GK combo!

I'm delighted that my (3rd) 4 pts hit (in a row) worked a treat (again).
    Fabregas + Azpi -> Pedro + Kolarov - 4 = 4 -> 9 :D.

How bad are Mahrez & Payet injuries?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just finished motd. Another week of carnage for the big hitters. Was relieved after the first 2 games that Chelsea and Liverpool hadn't done much damage but it turned out Pedro's 7 is a great score.

28 from 8 is 2 above the average. No hits Busts. No hits. :)

Dropped back a wee bit to 415k or but thats not a bad position at this stage really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Up to 350k. Season high!

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

19 points .....sweet Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

32 points this week and OR of 787k. Have Gomis and Depay to play tomorrow too. My tv is £1.6m with a few risers tonight. All in all its been a slow start but I think I've laid decent foundations to build on for the rest of the season. Not getting carried away with my poor scoring anyway! !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

27pts with Stakelenberg, Cedric, Depay and Pelle to go so a Saints clean sheet would improve things greatly.

Sticking with Aguero as captain - but methinks young Sterling is having an impact on that payload...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    No, sterling got that award last week. Sterling is Walcott MK II

Was reading the thread yesterday evening after as I was away so playing catch up.

Read this post and thought - cheers for jinxing that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

25 points with Gomis, Ayew and Cedric to play.

I honestly thought I was perfectly poised for a big game week this week, so I'm definitely starting to question myself now.

Anyway, wildcard will be coming into play. Will chase some risers and hopefully come out the other side with a better team too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Just finished motd. Another week of carnage for the big hitters. Was relieved after the first 2 games that Chelsea and Liverpool hadn't done much damage but it turned out Pedro's 7 is a great score.

28 from 8 is 2 above the average. No hits Busts. No hits. :)

Dropped back a wee bit to 415k or but thats not a bad position at this stage really.

I didn't see the panic for benteke. In liverpools current set up I can't see him getting too many goals. Apart from Clyne there is no width. Gomez firminho coutinho all just want to come inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Wanyama left out of squad means 3rd sub Lescott (8pts) comes off bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jesus, Gomez was very poor for the first West Ham goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Paully D wrote: »
    Jesus, Gomez was very poor for the first West Ham goal.

Not as bad as Lovren :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Finished on 27 yesterday.

I need a absolute blinder from Depay and Darmain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

39 from 9. Darmian and Ayew left. Ward sitting on the bench as first sub is slightly annoying but it was the obvious choice to bench him over my other defensive options.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭dahat

21pts with two left, Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

wanyama left out of saints squad
    move to spurs being mooted as reason

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Finished on 27 yesterday.

I need a absolute blinder from Depay and Darmain.

I'm in the very same boat..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Sadio Mané, Dušan Tadić and Cédric Soares all come into the #SaintsFC side for today's game

That's all we need to know right

Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Brady; Redmond, Tettey, Dorrans, Howson; Hoolahan; Jerome.

Mane and Cedric start :D Boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm scared of Mane today.

• Advertisement

spock. wrote: »
    I'm scared of Mane today.

You shouldn't be, I own him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Yoshida and Mane coming up for me to finish off my GW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

31 with Depay, Ayew and Gomis left to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Took out Mané for Mahrez so seeing Mané start is not pleasant: I'm not a very superstitious though so if Mané does well today I'm more than happy to accept that this is just the natural variance you've to accept when you deal with the opportunity cost of so many different attacking options.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Pelle vs Ruddy in this one. Sold Wessi and benched Bassong so we know what's going to happen :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Hoping for the mighty Martin to score again! Redmond assist/goal too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fenson

I have finished week with 44 points. SCOUT Sinclair is the man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

CSF wrote: »
    Took out Mané for Mahrez so seeing Mané start is not pleasant: I'm not a very superstitious though so if Mané does well today I'm more than happy to accept that this is just the natural variance you've to accept when you deal with the opportunity cost of so many different attacking options.

Me too but backed him to score in bookies so if he does score I will have something to smile about.

Mané close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gooners wrote: »
    Me too but backed him to score in bookies so if he does score I will have something to smile about.

Nothing like that for me, I've Sakho and Ward on the bench too but I'm not stressing the fact that they've done well (had Wilson on the bench last week too and like with him I'm just hoping for a bit of luck with someone not playing so I can get the points).

I obsess over my decisions so if I went with option 1 instead of option 2 I obviously had a reason to do so and I have to accept I'm not going to have a 100% strikerate.

Advertisement