Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bops 3

Options
  • 26-08-2015 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

Just got the beta for free, what does everyone think of it on PC?
    hit me up for a few games if interested same name as here on steam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭ondafly

Nolars wrote: »
    Just got the beta for free, what does everyone think of it on PC?
    hit me up for a few games if interested same name as here on steam

Anymore codes :) would love to try it but 60blips to get into a beta is a bit steep.

looks like I actually have it too - will download and give it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

ondafly wrote: »
    Anymore codes :) would love to try it but 60blips to get into a beta is a bit steep.

if you have bops 2, ghosts or aw on steam u get it for free.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Game seems to have exact same mouse acceleration issues as the other piece of garbage codaw.

So got to play for about an hour. I like it so far. Doesn't feel as hectic as AW and the maps feel very like blops2. So far I've only used two guns but found both of them to my liking. The hit detection and gun play feels like blops1 and the movement is a similar speed.

Hell fires felt OP at first but once you recognise the call for them head indoors. The sparrow was a lot harder to use then I expected too and the wall running felt good.

• Advertisement

Ok fixed mouse issue, but game is still a pile of S , just like warfighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Apparently I have the beta too having never thought I bought a COD game.
    Turns out I got COD BO2 in what I assume was a humble bundle at some point years ago and never played it. :P

Tested out the beta last night. Seemed ok. Was stuttering a bit but showing 80-90 fps. I might need to do a little graphic tweeking to remove the stutter but I'll give it another shot. More of a BF4 player myself so dunno if I'd hang around long on the close quarter maps. Will see..

funny you mention stuttering - last week I tried to play AW and Ghosts, hadn't touched them in over a year. I recently got a 980ti so was expecting fantastic results, but no - it was a mess. Blops 3 on the other hand, everything on, smooth as silk.

@Nolars - I'll add you on steam and see if I can steer myself away from ARK for some more Blops 3

Turns out I got COD BO2 in what I assume was a humble bundle at some point years ago and never played it.

Stick with blops 2, far better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Dcully wrote: »
    Stick with blops 2, far better game.

Dunno about that now its still only beta, havenet played cod since cop2 im liking this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,915 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How can a game be in beta when its more or less the same game every year?

Oh ya lads this is what the pc players said last time, better fix it this time etc etc

Played more yesterday and tbh, I just kinda found it boring. Uninstalled it. Meh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Currently it's a stuttering hitching mess for me, and completely unplayable as a result. I assume this is just a bug, as it seems widespread on the forums.

Spear wrote: »
    Currently it's a stuttering hitching mess for me, and completely unplayable as a result. I assume this is just a bug, as it seems widespread on the forums.

Had it a lot too. Teammates would be rubberbanding or just appearing a few steps in front each time. Enemies had the strange ability to warp around as well.
    I could overcome it at times, but yea it was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Spear wrote: »

Yup! Looks like Treyarch didn't have a look at AW and learn from the serious performance issues that game experiences. I can play GTAV on max settings with 60+ fps, but BLOPS3 just stutters, hitches, and freezes. Even on max settings the game doesn't look that impressive anyway. The console distance blur is prevalent on the PC version and is very distracting. I feel like I am slightly drunk trying to concentrate on things far away.

I will wait for Battlefront, I think that will be my FPS for 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Here is the game on max settings:

360330.jpg

360331.jpg

As you can see, there is some sort of distancing-distortion effect which I can only imagine is applied to the console version to save on memory. The performance stuttering seems to be linked to the cache as it doesn't matter if you have ran around the entire map loading in all the areas and textures, if you return to those areas you will still experience the performance problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Was playing on PC earlier and it seems like there is a loophole so that it seems commando is back again. I noticed a few people running around with what I thought was fists only but they actually have the knife equipped. Now my specs aren't great but it looked like that if they slide towards you with a knife equipped (and stab you) it is essentially the same as the commando knife in MW2.

Graphics look poor on screen (which isn't surprising given my specs) I took a few screenshots to post here but the screenshots look as good as the pics above so I have no idea why they appear so bad on my screen.

I'll post more tomorrow but overall, very positive, just hope they fix the commando thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone else picking this up on Friday?
    I should be online friday evening. Steam ID is "HeebusJeebus" if anyone is looking to team up. I usually play the larger team game types & CTF.
    Been a few years since I've played BLOPS 2 so maybe rusty!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Question for the PC gamers already playing...as the console lot are more into
    "Does Supervalu have it ? how much in argos ? my mammy got it for me! "

On PC...How is the server search ? Does it show actual pings, or just 1-4 bars of connection ?
    I bought it, but live in Asia, so I'm hoping they have servers over this side and I'm not forced to play in the US/Europe.
    (The game is really only to tide me over until Fallout 4)

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Question for the PC gamers already playing...as the console lot are more into
    "Does Supervalu have it ? how much in argos ? my mammy got it for me! "

On PC...How is the server search ? Does it show actual pings, or just 1-4 bars of connection ?
    I bought it, but live in Asia, so I'm hoping they have servers over this side and I'm not forced to play in the US/Europe.
    (The game is really only to tide me over until Fallout 4)

just squeezed in a quick game at lunch - no server browser like Blops1, so pretty much the console setup of getting into a match. Pings for players are visible on the scoreboard though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

So is it worth buying ?

I've only played MP but so far I'm loving it.
    The wall running and specialities really add something different from BLOPS 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No point bitching about graphics in COD..they've always been extremely poor when compared to existing fps games..I remember MW3 looked about 20 times worse than MW2 even though it came about a year afterwards.
    Hell even COD4 looks as good as any current COD game and how old is that?
    I know they go for performance first but jeezz..at least make an effort.
    Imagine how good COD would be on the frostbite engine but not a chance EA would let them use it..pity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Waste of money,, it's just like the old console ports.
    No server browser or anything, it's 2015 ffs.
    Hit detection looks awful...kill cams just make it look worse.
    Some of the upgrades/weapons perks are ridiculous....and as usual...the no lifers who spend all day playing it and are lvl 50 etc in 2 days have a HUGE advantage over everyone (not in terms of map knowledge etc, which is obvious, but their weapons are perks are so much better) that the games become completely one sided and unbalanced.

Anyone else picking this up on Friday?
    I should be online friday evening. Steam ID is "HeebusJeebus" if anyone is looking to team up. I usually play the larger team game types & CTF.
    Been a few years since I've played BLOPS 2 so maybe rusty!

HeebusJeebus - I'll add you on steam for some Blops 3

ondafly wrote: »
    HeebusJeebus - I'll add you on steam for some Blops 3

How is domination going? Any time I've tried it on my own, I end up on the side of singletons versus a 6 man party. Getting owned every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

I don't know how people still play the series, it's so far from the original concept, over the top arcade rubbish.

Terrible cod yet again.. just go back to gun v gun like cod4.

How is domination going? Any time I've tried it on my own, I end up on the side of singletons versus a 6 man party. Getting owned every game.

Its going grand. I'm no pro player at all, but I'm finding this Blops 3 quite manageable compared to any of the ModernWarfare editions. I've actually come up against a good few parties on the other team, and I just slow down my play style and take my time and generally come out on top. I've enjoyed Demolition as well although if you are on a bad team, its a no hoper.
    I don't know how people still play the series, it's so far from the original concept, over the top arcade rubbish.

Terrible cod yet again.. just go back to gun v gun like cod4.

Are you playing Blops 3 on your own or in a party ?

I like the game, but then I only enjoy the Treyarch developed CODs.

Why do I keep playing ? quite simply because I enjoy it. I also play Rocket League, Arma 3, Ark, GTA V, Civ, Elite Dangerous etc but also play alot of shmups on PC and also on my arcade machines. So in other words, variety is the spice of life, and one shouldn't restrict themselves exclusively to just one game/type.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Can anyone on the PC know if there is a split screen mode on the zombies mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

So I've just rented this from extradition for the evening to see if it's worth while buy. Throw in the disk to be shown 15hr download. Can't even play campaign which is all I buy these for because my Internet is shocking. When did games not have games loaded on the disk. Good be the days of my snes

Advertisement