Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Underground giving away dozens of apps totally free with no IAP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

It gets an awful lot of access to your phone, contacts, microphone, and can send messages on your behalf.
    Was going to install it but decided against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Installed the Amazon app store but when I go to the underground area nothing shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

tallus wrote: »
    It gets an awful lot of access to your phone, contacts, microphone, and can send messages on your behalf.
    Was going to install it but decided against it.

There is shed load of permissions alright, but the current Amazon app (from them not Google play (amazon's version has the apps store)) has all those already, so when I updated it it said no new permissions.

we cant get any of these games because it is only for USA.

nedd wrote: »
    we cant get any of these games because it is only for USA.

I'm in Ireland, this is from the UK amazon site. Note prices in sterling.

eExbAE8.jpg

Apologies if picture is huge.

Have downloaded goat simulator and sorcery so far with no problems anyway.

• Advertisement

I'm in Ireland, this is from the UK amazon site. Note prices in sterling.

eExbAE8.jpg

Apologies if picture is huge.

Have downloaded goat simulator and sorcery so far with no problems anyway.

I get told I cannot download any apps due to my geographical location.

Well that is weird. No answer I'm afraid, I'm not using any jiggery-pokery, proxy type stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,466 ✭✭✭✭28064212

You downloaded the app from amazon.com. Uninstall it and get the one at amazon.co.uk/underground

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

finally got it working. Something strange going on with my account, I signed up with an american account some years ago to get the free daily apps before they were available over here. I signed in with that account again and I can get the Underground apps from american store.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

With the underground app do Irish customers get to have access to Amazon prime video?

• Advertisement
Advertisement